Skoda Extended Warranty FYI

As the VRS is coming up to 3 years old this August been looking into my options. Will loose too much if I trade it in after just one year of ownership so thats not really an option. Selling private is abit too much of a hassle that a can do without at the moment. I'd rather keep the car anyways cos its faultless but need piece of mind. Rang a dealer today and got quoted up on the options they have available. I imagine there are other people on here that are in the same boat as me so here is what they said.

1. 12 Month £365
  2. 12 Month with Breakdown Cover £395
  3. 24 Month £545
  4. 24 Month with Breakdown Cover £625

I have briefly looked into private warranty company's and they are coming out at roughly £300 a year.

In my eyes the best option would be to go for the 24 month from Skoda and buy my own breakdown from the AA/RAC.

Hope this is useful for someone else.

• Like 4

As the VRS is coming up to 3 years old this August been looking into my options. Will loose too much if I trade it in after just one year of ownership so thats not really an option. Selling private is abit too much of a hassle that a can do without at the moment. I'd rather keep the car anyways cos its faultless but need piece of mind. Rang a dealer today and got quoted up on the options they have available. I imagine there are other people on here that are in the same boat as me so here is what they said.

1. 12 Month £365
  2. 12 Month with Breakdown Cover £395
  3. 24 Month £545
  4. 24 Month with Breakdown Cover £625

I have briefly looked into private warranty company's and they are coming out at roughly £300 a year.

In my eyes the best option would be to go for the 24 month from Skoda and buy my own breakdown from the AA/RAC.

Hope this is useful for someone else.

Cheers for that - looks like option 4 for me. I'm very happy with the car and see no point in replacing it at three years old, especially when it won't even have done 20,000 by then.
  • Like 1

Funny reading this today, as I just got the formal confirmation letter from SKoda UK of my extended 5 yr warranty purchased with the car order, nearly 2 months after collection of car. Dealers position was, it's on the order confirmation sheet therefore good enough, service book stamp is irrelevant. I said it wasn't, they said - ring any skoda garage it'll be on the computer. Funnily enough I wasn't happy with that either. Anyhow I mentioned it on the SKoda UK customer satisfaction survey which turned up at a convenient time in my inbox and and lo - today I have it in black and white on a letterhead "genuine SKODA factory warranty for five years/100,000 miles" as well.

Happy now, though simply stamping the service book in the appropriate place in the first place would have been good enough for me. So dealer service lacking but SKoda UK stepped up.

Anyhow, no good to OP but relevant to anyone thinking of buying new - cost me £245 rather than the figures quoted previously and fully transferable to all subsequent owners, so possibly most valuable extra come selling time - rude not to IMHO.

• 6 months later...

Just been reading the Policy Booklet on the 'Skoda 2 year extended warranty, includes Skoda Assist', @ £547 for used Skodas.

available after the original 3 year expires.

(or 1 year Extended @ £399)

Good cover on Mechanical and Electrical components, & Skoda Assist cover.

(maybe only 1 years Assist, not for 2 years, i am not sure.)

There are many exclusions, as expected.

& any modifications need permission or will invalidate the warranty.

A major exclusion is,

'the Warranty will be Cancelled' if the vehicle is used as a  Driving School Car, Taxi, Mini-Cab or Courier use.

george

Skoda's website quotes warranties are "only available on new cars at time of ordering" so is that info incorrect?

For factory warranty, yes.  For SUK warranty (which I believe is whats being discussed here), no.

Re the '2 year extended Warranty when 'buying a new Skoda'.  

Can anyone say that has bought the extra 2 years cover, what you receive in the way of Paperwork.

Do you get Handbook like this one in the picture, something different, or just some confirmation certificate.?

Just wondering about what the Terms & Conditions of the extra 2 years with the new car purchase.

Same or different as the 'Skoda Approved Extended.'