fsh but no cambelt change

bought the missus a 1.4 tdi fabia, on an 04 plate 115k

its been serviced every 10k but no mention of a cambelt change anywhere. obviously i am going to have to do one but would it really have not had the cambelt done after all these miles

cheers steve

It's possible it hasn't and it wouldn't be the first to have done that sort of mileage before seeing a belt change. Even people who extend the interval would probably consider 115k and 9 years is pushing it slightly.

pushing it slightly lol, i`m going to to it on friday with the clutch , oh what fun, i knew about the clutch though so was expecting that. but it does make you wonder about service history if they havent done the cambelt

Use a genuine Skoda/Gates kit, make sure they do the pulleys and the coolant at the same time and use proper G12 or later.

Bloody hell, we did my partners 1.9TDI with 42,000 on the clock, having been driven like '' Miss Daisy '' and an 06 plated model..... and i was still in a panic we had left it to late !!!

Edited by Hudson1

Use a genuine Skoda/Gates kit, make sure they do the pulleys and the coolant at the same time and use proper G12 or later.

And DON'T forget the waterpump.