Disconnected mystery Terminal-help appreciated

Hi there, whilst inspecting my car to find the root cause of a water leak from the washer bottle I also found a disconnected terminal that looks to go from the bottom of the washer bottle area to the pump?

I know very little about cars and just wondered if anybody knew what this terminal was for and why it may be disconnected?

I have been having a lot of steering issues, the light is permanently on and the main dealer have stated it may be corroded wires but have also tried to charge me a grand for a new pump, however the pump is only a month old and another garage have inspected and stated 100 percent that I do not need a new pump, therefore I am not trusting their word and instead wondering if this terminal may be anything to do with my steering issue.

I have attached a picture to help, incidentally my leak is in that area as well.

any help would be very much appreciated!

post-95090-0-37335500-1365511997_thumb.jpg

Thanks very much, do these things come off on their own, because since sending it into the main dealer I know have a reservoir leak and that terminal disconnected after they had my front bumper off :-S