Octavia MK1 headlamp fit

Hi all, I wanted to know if this headlamp fits a 1999 Octavia L&K (glass front)

http://www.skodapart...2000-2009-50258

OCTAVIA XENON GAS DISCHARGE HEADLAMP LEFT 2000-2009

BODY ONLY

Because where I live the only skoda dealer is quoting me around US$1,000 per headlamp, and on the web all I can find are the ones posted above which are post-facelift I believe. Basically what I don't know is if the mount points are the same – basically if I could have done a straight swap regardless of the accident.

Later I'll figure out how to get these from the UK down to Peru, but common decency will NOT let me spend $2,000 on my headlamps (glass smashed in a slight collision, the mount is fine)

Thanks a bunch,

Augusto

post-102166-0-20448100-1365615152_thumb.png

In the UK when they did the facelift and changed from glass to plastic lights they changed the design of the lights, grill and bumper and you can't swap parts over.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks guys, I assume it's a pre-facelift because it's a '99 octavia.

I guess then I'm pretty much screwed with the headlights issue, because I can't find the earlier ones anywhere on the web.

Retrofit the standard halogen ones somehow?

Whats the part number & someone could ring a dealer here & check cost? Or get a standard lamp, detach the glass & fit to yours?

The part numbers are:- 1U1941017B (left)- 1U1941018B (right)They only show up on czech, romanian, hungarian etc. pages which sort of makes it difficult to source...How's that about getting a "standard" lamp and detaching glass?Thanks mate

Thanks guys, I assume it's a pre-facelift because it's a '99 octavia.

I guess then I'm pretty much screwed with the headlights issue, because I can't find the earlier ones anywhere on the web.

I have a pair of pre-FL standard headlamps if they're of interest?

Regards, Mike

I have a pair of pre-FL standard headlamps if they're of interest?

Regards, Mike

Mike, they may well be! Are they like the pic attached? (mine had clear glass but I'm not sure if all do/did)...And do you know if the mechanism for tilting the lights up/down is part of the headlamp, or part of the car itself?Those would be my only couple of questions...Cheers

post-102166-0-02107600-1365634726_thumb.jpg

The glass ones use the lens to focus the beam don't they so they'd be different for LHD/RHD

Frisco, I've been driving about without the glass on the headlamps, and as far as I can tell, the beam is the same as before (also asked a friend driving in front if the light bothered him in any way, it didn't)...So I'm not sure about that one, but I can't tell 100% either (my tests have been more empirical so to speak)

Are they like the pic attached? (mine had clear glass but I'm not sure if all do/did)...And do you know if the mechanism for tilting the lights up/down is part of the headlamp, or part of the car itself?

I'll dig them out tomorrow and take some piccies. The headlamp levellers are part of the headlamp but the connections from the car wiring harness are different; pre-FL has a separate external connector on the harness and post-FL has the leveller connector internal to the headlamp unit - ie. no separate external connection.

I'm off to bed now but I will take a look in the morning.

Regards, Mike