Jerky throttle response on Vrs

i have noticed recently since having a remap and exhaust fitted on my Octy Vrs, that at a certain throttle position and around 3-3500rpm, there is a point where the turbo starts boosting almost too much so i ease off a bit and the car jerks slightly. if i drive the car hard its not noticeable and the car goes very well :D so its not lacking power. Does anyone else have this?? :confused: now im not sure if it was there straight after the remap, but its quite noticable and annoying now. Could it be that i need a better dump valve like a bailey? its original at the moment, The car was mapped by jabba, has a blue flame cat back exhaust and a green panel filter. any ideas would be appreciated. ;)

Any fault codes showing ? Mine used to be very Jerky at around 2000-2500 rpm, its been grand since the DV was changed, especially noticable when cold in 1st gear.

i have noticed recently since having a remap and exhaust fitted on my Octy Vrs, that at a certain throttle position and around 3-3500rpm, there is a point where the turbo starts boosting almost too much so i ease off a bit and the car jerks slightly. if i drive the car hard its not noticeable and the car goes very well :D so its not lacking power. Does anyone else have this?? :confused: now im not sure if it was there straight after the remap, but its quite noticable and annoying now. Could it be that i need a better dump valve like a bailey? its original at the moment, The car was mapped by jabba, has a blue flame cat back exhaust and a green panel filter. any ideas would be appreciated. ;)

Have you tried a "throttle body reset"?

Have you tried a "throttle body reset"?

Dont know if there are any fault codes showing, will have to get on and buy a odb2 cable been thinking about it for a while....

theres no lights on the dash showing so i assumed there wasnt any problem.

As to the throttle body reset how that done? is it a dealer thing or again is it something i can do with the vagcom?

i tried a boost guage on my car tonite as a check and when i get the surge, the boost shoots right up to about 18psi then drops back, so i guess it it to do with the mapping.

Throttle body reset:

Open driver's door

Turn on ignition do not start engine

Listen to whining noise from throttle body (front of engine where the big hose comes up from the intercooler) until it stops

Close door

Turn ignition off and back on

Start engine

That's it.

Dont know if there are any fault codes showing' date=' will have to get on and buy a odb2 cable been thinking about it for a while....

theres no lights on the dash showing so i assumed there wasnt any problem.

As to the throttle body reset how that done? is it a dealer thing or again is it something i can do with the vagcom?

i tried a boost guage on my car tonite as a check and when i get the surge, the boost shoots right up to about 18psi then drops back, so i guess it it to do with the mapping.[/quote']

Sounds like over boost, it can be turned down. The TBA may help, to do a TBA.....open your bonnet and drivers side door, turn ignition on but do not start, you will here a beeping noise under the bonnet. Once the noise has stopped, close the bonnet and door, start the car, wait 30 seconds and dry off, give it a go, it's free :D

Just tried the throttle body reset and ran the car up the road, what a difference! the jerkyness is all but gone, :D the only thing i can feel now is the boost coming in sharply which feels fine. a result! cheers chaps! :thumbup:

Just tried the throttle body reset and ran the car up the road, what a difference! the jerkyness is all but gone, :D the only thing i can feel now is the boost coming in sharply which feels fine. a result! cheers chaps! :thumbup:

Excellent :thumbup:

You will probably need to do it every couple of weeks depending on milleage, not sure why but it made a difference to my Octy with Revo.