Ordered the 1.4

Just ordered the 1.4tsi elg,Topaz brown with Beige Alcantara,took a gamble on the colour as i carn,t find one to look at

Congratulations on your choice, I ordered the same version last week, still waiting for build date.

Brilliant choice.

Figures on this model are quite stunning. 0-60 in 8 seconds, great economy.

Think the 1.4 petrol and 2 litre diesel are the pick on the bunch.

The figures yet again show that a petrol is quicker than the diesel even with less power.

Hoping the 1.8 TSI comes to the UK and the fin is an option as with the Octy 2s as that is my spec I would like to order if they eventually do them.

• 1 month later...

13th April

Have you made any changes to your order after you placed it ? Reason i ask, i ordered my car after you have ordered and i have an earlier build week (Not that i am complaining) than yours. Other reason i can only think is that yours is petrol mine diesel.

Just ordered the 1.4tsi elg,Topaz brown with Beige Alcantara,took a gamble on the colour as i carn,t find one to look at

I'm loving the 1.4 and I've just come from a 170CR vRS, the engine is very smooth and quiet and pulls strongly in any gear from 1500 rpm. It heats up really quickly and the stop start system is much more advance than the one I had in a mini cooper 5 years ago. I ve got 47 mpg brim to brim from my first two tankfuls, as a comparison I was getting about 50 mpg from the vRS but that was with 25000 miles on it so I'm hopeful once the 1.4 is run it'll improve.

What is it with these build dates. I talked at the dealer to get the identification number and they told me this is available after the car is produced so I believe build date will be after week 24. Is this going to change something? The dealer will not tell me much so I sense I can get mugged if anything changes in the standard configuration of the Elegance. How can I check these possible changes for each country?