knock when breaking.

my car has developed a knock when breaking sometimes and the odd time i come off the throttle and the wieght shifts to the front. its a single knock when it happens unless i roll abit and dab the break again but not always. could this be a bush worn of some sort?

Yes could be a worn bush but don't over look the obvious like loose wheel nuts or other loose bits.

A garage once left my wheel nuts loose on one wheel and I had a knocking under acceleration and when lifting off.

Drop links and console bushes are my first thought but it could be a load of other things. Also when I say drop links I'm not talking about the actual joints, they're prone to knocking on vertical movement, it's the threaded section that goes through the end of the ARB, if that's tight it'll produce this kind of noise.

dont think its to do with my actual brakes as i get it when i lift off and the cars wieght shifts forward.

This leads me back to thinking Dogbone mount fist then. It will start knocking the way you are describing much earlier than it would under acceleration as the engine is being loaded and 'pushed' during this part. when you lift off it's like it's being let go and all the weight of the engine drops at once.

This leads me back to thinking Dogbone mount fist then. It will start knocking the way you are describing much earlier than it would under acceleration as the engine is being loaded and 'pushed' during this part. when you lift off it's like it's being let go and all the weight of the engine drops at once.

+1

hopefully it is that as i wanted to uprate anyway. what is the best way to check? will it be visual, like perished?

Car up in air, you should be able to rock the engine back and forth with your hand, if it's quite a bit, it's deffo that. However to say how much movement is too much is difficult via verbal instruction or text as it's more something done as a visual and by feel. If it's really bad, you will see signs of perishing

Edited by ricardo_smooth