Order book closed before facelift revealed?

brxmy

Does anyone have any thoughts about when the order book will close for the current Yeti ahead of the introduction of the facelift?

I'm thinking of buying a Yeti but would like to see what the new one is going to look like before placing my order. In the case of the Superb - the order book closed before the facelift was revealed - see http://www.briskoda....age__hl__ order

I suspect the same thing will happen with the Yeti. Therefore my idea of waiting to see what the facelift looks like isn't such a great idea if I want a factory order.

Edited by brxmy

Based on the current new designs and the berb facelift I cringe to think what's in the pipeline for the poor monster. You may guess from that statement, that the new corporate clone look is not to my taste :no:

I'm guessing the new Monster might start coming of the line week 45 (November); often a significant date in the production calendar but pure speculation on my part.

TP

Well, to be completley honest I wouldn't know that. If you are more into the looks, I would wait for sure. I have ordered mine because I am not to keen about the new technics, which I assume, will be in FL model of the Yeti and my retailer gave me quite a discount, because I have ordered a model that "is going out of production".

So to summon-up: if you are more into the looks and new technology, I suggest you to wait for a face-lift.

Hope that helps.

Best regards!

I'd put a few quid on TP's speculative week 45 for production start *. The official word from Skoda is that the Yeti FL will be unveiled at Frankfurt (starts 12/9).

I don't know how similar the Superb build lead times were to the Yeti's, but maybe the time-line for the Superb order close-down gives a reasonable idea of when the Yeti order books will close?

I wonder if there will be a couple of months of special offers from around July?

* Or, at least, sometime between then & wk 48, which would be exactly 6 months after the Superb start

Edited by Skoda Al Coda

I wonder if there will be a couple of months of special offers from around July?

That thought had occurred to me too. Something like the Urban spec from last year could appeal although I imagine the options would be limited if at all.

The last car I bought was just before a major facelift. Having driven around for the last 4 years in a car that was out of date soon after I bought it, I'm inclined now to wait for the FL. However having seen a few facelights in the past turn a good car into a dog it's tempting just to be done with it and order the current version. The possibility of a good discount on the current model is attractive too although residual values will of course take a corresponding hit when the FL appears.

Decisions... decisions...

You can always pay the deposit and order one now anyway............ and then when you see the facelift, amend the order for a facelift one should you prefer that OR keep the order if you prefer the current one. Not exactly Rocket science. :giggle:

Decisions indeed. :)

Getting a last of model car usually results in a well sorted vehicle as all bugs/production issues have been resolved, plus it's possible to negotiate a bit more.

On the downside it looks older quicker and you don't get any new tech introduced.

I have been changing my car too often, so my plan is to hang onto the Yeti for some time. It's a 12 plate and seems faultless so far...

With the options added trading it in for a similar new one would cost me about £6k. I'm not convinced the facelift will be that much better so I'll have to live with an "old" car. :D

After a year and 20k miles I still like driving it.

I am also a bit concerned about the corporate face Skoda are shoving on every model. The best one so far is the Citigo IMO.

• Like 4