Replacing speakers?

Fronts 6.5 rears 5.25 can't help on how easy fronts our to change as audio shop changed mine but rears were abit tricky to do due to location plus needed a smaller screwdriver aka one of those annoying star shaped

Screwdrivers

Fronts are easy if just changing the main speaker as just pop grille off and un screw.

But if putting in components then door card will need to come off, but even that isn't hard really.

no problem mate what speakers you getting by chance ?? only thing i will say once you change the speakers you will be happy for a bit depending on what you get but after a while you will find the mid range not sounding as strong as you hoped. so if that's the case try some sound proofing and if that doesn't work would then need an amp

Be wary of the magnet size as well .. Most ppl have gone for alpine in the past as they are fairly slim and right price !

i have the hertz dieci component set and no magnet size issues plus with a decent amp and maybe sound proofing and it would be a pretty decent sounding mid range

Even changing the speakers at the front you won't see a massive improvement,you really need to soundproof the doors,I used silent coat deadening and closed cell foam and a sound absorber behind the speaker,I also mounted the speakers on mdf baffles rather than the standard plastic ones,I'm using dls components,they only have a 53mm so fit fine,there run off the an old school alpine v12 amp,amping the front speakers is the only way you get decent sound in an Octavia in my opinion,it's a big car to fill with sound.

• Like 1