Climatronic query

oriki

Hello all

This morning I noticed the front air vents facing the driver and passenger were warm and emitting a faint flow of warm air even though the climatronic was in the off position.Outside temp was about 14 degs Celcius.Is it normal or is something wrong?

It's possible there's a 'ram-air' or Venturi effect drawing air through the car to keep the air fresh, even with the fan off. If you want no air then shut the vents off (but beware the risks of stale air).

I don't know exactly what happens when the system is turned to off but if it just stops the fan completely but doesn't shut the flaps that control the air flow then you will still get some airflow. The vents in the rear of the car will still draw some air put of the car when moving which will reduce the pressure in the cabin and try and draw air into the car. Was this whilst the car was stationary or moving?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I don't know exactly what happens when the system is turned to off but if it just stops the fan completely but doesn't shut the flaps that control the air flow then you will still get some airflow. The vents in the rear of the car will still draw some air put of the car when moving which will reduce the pressure in the cabin and try and draw air into the car. Was this whilst the car was stationary or moving?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

The car was moving ,so your opinion is logical,thanks.

It's possible there's a 'ram-air' or Venturi effect drawing air through the car to keep the air fresh, even with the fan off. If you want no air then shut the vents off (but beware the risks of stale air).

Thank you,weasley.