33K is speccing up an SE to elegence spec and beyond though. When I ordered the Octy orginally the dealer couldn't get the elegence combi much above 28K anyway.

I must admit if I was ordering a Combi I'd probably have the electric tailgate, my wife is of slight build and "vertically challenged" so it would make the tailgate a lot easier for her. Actually with the size of the tailgate on the hatch I'm surprised electric operation is not an option for that as well.

anyone whose prepared to stick approx 12k of options on an Octavia either has money to fritter away or needs their head read sorry. If were talking dropping that sort of money on a car not in a million years would I be buying a Skoda regardless of how good I think they are, would make absolutely no economical sense at all.

Fair enough, thats your opinion and one that I dont share. Buying a car isnt just purely limited to to what makes economical sense to me. I buy with my heart and mind. I like the Skoda brand (and the backup of a fantastic local dealer) and am happy to pay what they are asking for an Octavia. Ive spent enough time in the mk3 now to know it suits mine and my families needs far better than many competitors. When I spend time in the car I want it to be enjoyable and part of that, for me at least, is having the optional gadgets/toys/valuable extras - however you wish to refer to them. I dont wish to pay more for a badge. Im actually happier to pay less money for a comparable product. Irrelevant as to whether you feel I need to have my head examined, to me thats all it really boils down to. :)
  • Like 1

Fair enough, thats your opinion and one that I dont share. Buying a car isnt just purely limited to to what makes economical sense to me. I buy with my heart and mind. I like the Skoda brand (and the backup of a fantastic local dealer) and am happy to pay what they are asking for an Octavia. Ive spent enough time in the mk3 now to know it suits mine and my families needs far better than many competitors. When I spend time in the car I want it to be enjoyable and part of that, for me at least, is having the optional gadgets/toys/valuable extras - however you wish to refer to them. I dont wish to pay more for a badge. Im actually happier to pay less money for a comparable product. Irrelevant as to whether you feel I need to have my head examined, to me thats all it really boils down to. :)

Indeed if you are happy to lose 15/20k on a 33k Skoda in the 1st 12 to 18 months of ownership fair play to you. A 33k Skoda with a decent discount thrown at it however is a different matter entirely as that level or spec for say £25/26k is entirely reasonable and if thats your thinking also we're on the same wavelength.

Id you'd actually pay 33k for it then sorry we'll just agree to disagree then.

33K is speccing up an SE to elegence spec and beyond though. When I ordered the Octy orginally the dealer couldn't get the elegence combi much above 28K anyway.

an Elegance Combi 2.0 Tdi 150 DSG with everything thrown at it retails at practically 33k, go on the configurator and see for yourself by all means.

What you loose in the first 12 months doesnt really worry me as I'll be hanging onto it for a lot longer than that. I look at the 3 year figures and they are good enough as a guide but having said that, Ive always done well when Ive sold on my Skoda's and had the benefit of having a fully loaded one whilst I owned it. :) Id be pretty gobsmacked if anyone on here paid the rrp price for a Skoda!

an Elegance Combi 2.0 Tdi 150 DSG with everything thrown at it retails at practically 33k, go on the configurator and see for yourself by all means.

What configurator are you using ? The skoda UK one only shows and SE.