SOLD - 2004 Black Octavia VRS estate

tavia4x4

Remapped octavia's tend to get 30-40, over 40 is possible on a gentle run.

However, with the TT steering rack and coilovers, this is not really the vehicle for long distance gentle runs, I'd recommend a "stock" octavia RS, or 4x4turbo, for that.

OK. To be honest I have never heard of a TT rack and a real green horn on this subject. I take it that the ride is a little firm?

What is the ground clearance like then on yours? Do you have issues with speed bumps?

I notice that you say the coilovers are adjustable?

Coilovers are height adjustable, currently, as pics above, pretty low and firm. That said, we have speed "pillows" on our road and it doesn't catch them, even putting a wheel either side. I will probably be raising this at the weekend, but it will still be firmer than stock springs.

The TT steering rack has less turns lock to lock than the standard Octavia item, and as we're using it with the Octavia steering pump, less assistance.

All great for fast-road / track work (as this was going to be, before distractions came along) but not for everyone.

The original coil packs are a known weakness, so to reduce any chance of one failing, the later "red" coilpacks from the TFSI engine were fitted, along with the (expensive!) adaptors..

http://www.awesomegti.com/red-ignition-coil-pack-set-2-0tfsi

http://www.awesomegti.com/awesome-2-0t-coil-pack-adapters-push-fit

I'm wary of quoting BHP, as it's not been on a rolling road. I've driven (and owned) a number of 1.8t Octavia's from 150 to 260bhp, I'd certainly expect this to be north of 200, it pulls very well indeed. It's hard to believe it's done 136k.

Depends on the granny, but then my retired mum (and grandma to my offspring) drives a Mk1 MX5 that I find too stiff!

Octavia does have cruise fitted. Standard exhaust / induction, so is perfectly quiet. Will be raising the suspension this weekend.

Edited by Tavia4x4

• 3 weeks later...