PD170 DPF problems after injector recall?

DPF problems after injector recall  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Have you had the injector recall on your PD170?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Have you had DPF problems or has your DPF light been coming more frequently since the recall?

• Yes
    • No

I posted to this last year. DPF still fitted and none of the issues fixed have been this or injectors. Now into glow plug light on and still with a too sweet diesel fume. Car passed MOT though on emissions fine.

Seems to me lots of similar symptoms and many different solutions.

What the hell?

There has to be a simple explanation as to why so many have problems after the injector recall.

Just out of interest, what reg was your car? I've put a deposit on one and hope it isn't your old one! Haha.

It had a private plate: VR57 OCT. It ended up at Listers Skoda in Coventry last summer. 

It had a private plate: VR57 OCT. It ended up at Listers Skoda in Coventry last summer. 

What year and colour? :P

Any other owners on here that managed to get to the bottom of this after the injector recall?

• 3 weeks later...

£107.33 for injector seals,

£5.65 for 5x rocker bolts,

£16.48 for 8x injector clamp bolts,

£6.79 for Tandem Pump to Head seal.

Total of £136.25!!

All at trade price from TPS! OUCH!

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update my offering to this thread.

A new set of injector clamp bolts and a full seal set cured it all. Correctly torqued down, and adjusted the rocker clearance too.

No more misfiring or smoke. No lack of power or juddering. It pulls clean and hard all the way to the redline.

Only moot point is it still smells strongly of diesel but this I've read happens to a lot of cars that have had the dpf removed and remapped.

I am a happy man now!

• Like 1

Just to update my offering to this thread.

A new set of injector clamp bolts and a full seal set cured it all. Correctly torqued down, and adjusted the rocker clearance too.

No more misfiring or smoke. No lack of power or juddering. It pulls clean and hard all the way to the redline.

Only moot point is it still smells strongly of diesel but this I've read happens to a lot of cars that have had the dpf removed and remapped.

I am a happy man now!

Update from me too- 4 hrs spent by Lion Garage in Northampton (who are excellent) checking my car after an intermittent engine warning fault, confirmed manifold, EGR valve etc. all ok. Some driving with diagnostics plugged in showed the car running DPF regen after which it ran better and the lumpiness and fumes abated. Car seems to be constantly trying to clear it's filter's throat!

So it seems really I would need a DPF replacement/removal.

Never heard of Lion Garage. If you want to compare anything to mine, I am in Northampton. Know my way around the engine quite well now, and have Vagcom if you want?

No charge or nothing, just a helping hand :)

• 6 months later...

I had all these issues with a VW Touran, brand new engine,DPF and flywheel fitted by VW  Free of charge as when they replaced the injectors they bent the conrods. I had DPF issues, poor running, poor starting when cold. They bend them as they don't remove the diesel from the cylinder bores prior to fitting new injectors. VW UK and Skoda know of the issues.