Free Roomsters

A few years ago, I bought a dozen of the nice Abrex models of the Roomster on eBay, thinking I'd sell them at a profit. But loads of people had the same idea, and prices plummeted.

So, I've got six left, in Nottingham, to whoever wants them free of charge. Let me know if you're interested. NG8 postcode.

Stuart

(Hope this doesn't breach the "no selling" rule - I'm giving them away!)

• Like 1

Hi Stuart:- are these in 1/43 or 1/72 scale ?? and do you have one in silver ?? I have a Roomster 10 months old and bought an Abrex

1/72 in Blue which was the only colour I could get at the time - but my own vehicle is silver and I would certainly like a 1/43 in that colour.. Also would you post if charge refunded ?? Cheers

They're 1/43 scale. Now find I have eight! One is silver. 1st class mail, including the weight of the corrugated cardboard postage boxes I also bought for this failed piece of rampant capitalism, will be £3.00,

Simplest way is for people to send £3.00 +3.4% + 20p for PayPal fees, making £3.31, to my paypal account at stuartsmacs at mac dot com. In the note with the payment put preferred colour(s) and your address. OK?

Hi Stuart, payment sent for 1 x Silver. My address:- 45, Sterndale Drive, Westbury Park, Clayton,

Newcastle, Staffs ST5 4HS. If not available in silver please refund, many thanks.

Frederick Thursfield ( bill 7437 )

If you Google John AyreyDiecasts website and look under Abrex the makers colours are shown there. Note the RRP is £ 12.99

so these are a bargain.

Well, that'll teach me to weigh things properly. Just back from the PO. The bad news is that the cheapest postage (2nd class) is £5.20, so say £5.60 including paypal fees. The good news is that the postage is the same for one or two, so Rob's payment for 2 covers it.

Well, that'll teach me to weigh things properly. Just back from the PO. The bad news is that the cheapest postage (2nd class) is £5.20, so say £5.60 including paypal fees. The good news is that the postage is the same for one or two, so Rob's payment for 2 covers it.

Do you want the extra payment sent over or will you refund the original payment first??

Thanks Stuart, Roomster arrived this am. Lovely model, but not in fact silver - checking with Abrex website and

box code it is really Cappucino Beige - doesn't matter but thought you might wish to know - although it does look like silver.

Thanks again for your trouble and my apologies for the errors along the way.

Sorry about the colour confusion, Bill.

Just posted Jonathan's. Charged under £3. Queried it. Told that though it wouldn't fit through a 3" wide slit, because it would go through a 5" square, it was a small parcel, not a medium one.

What hope have users of getting it right, when PO counter staff don't know the new rules on packets and parcels?

So, have refunded Jonathan's extra £2.40, and posted it.

STUPID POST OFFICE!

I had a feeling that Royal Mail were incorrect - this is not the first time I have taken issue with them over charges.

I find the easiest way is to weigh it, check dimensions on the net and then tell the PO what the charge is.

If ever there was an incompetent service this is it !!!. Hopefully when it is privatised it may improve but

don't hold your breath. Cheers Bill