Few Questions from a wanabee vRS owner

StvP

Hi

I've talked myself into getting a vRS - I've been blown away on the few test drives by how much fun they are to drive :D

right...

I play golf (badly) - do golf clubs fit in the boot without folding the seats down? Talking of which are they split fold or go down in one big lump?

I'm in the norfolk area and the best price I have found is

I can only say 1 thing, once you get the car, you wont want to play golf anymore, coz you'll just want to drive. :D

Reg plate - Doesnt really matter, if you can get a car now ( & really want it ) go for it.

You could, with a bit of effort try & play the dealers against each other.

Thanks all!

I thought I remembered the seats being split fold when I was at the dealers but Whatcar claimed they're not - then again they also claim the rear windows are electric...

I think I'll have a ride round all the local dealers at the weekend (closest is 40 miles away) so could be a long day! See who can come up with the cheapet price / quickest delivery.

Cheers

Steven

WhatCar = useless imho. They appear to be taking an article from abroad, hack it about a little and then publish it as a 'test'...

Similarly there are loads of others who have a similar, again rubbish, testing system...

The only test I trust is the one where I am driving it for a while. Bit of blatting about, bit of gentle driving, and a long drive, preferably a few hours. Strangely that's exactly what I ended up doing :D

As for the golf clubs thing - don't play it myself but I'd just bring them in, when you take yours for a demo, see if they fit :thumbup:

According to the brochure, the load space in the boot is 974mm wide (between the wheel arches) and 1216mm wide between the wheel arches and the rear sill. 541mm high and 413mm front to back.

I reckon it'd be a tight squeeze getting in a set of clubs, but you may be able to ... worth taking along on the test drive :D

Chris

When I bought ours I looked at the Skoda website and rang a load of dealers within about 100 miles to see who would offer the best deal.

As for waiting it really depends on whether you can find one with the right spec already in the country.

Our dealer has a new silver one for

Bought mine almost exactly one year ago - June is a good month to deal as the dealers are atthe end of 2QTR and know their likely bonusesand will almost give cars away to make their targets.

I paid

Thanks for the advice.

I think I'll phone a few dealers tomorrow to see what price they can do. Travelling is no problem, I am extremely frugal (tight) and don't mind going the extra mile for a bargain! As an example I bought my wife an 03 Corsa SXI last september. They were going for around

Well....

Even after having a sleepless night :confused: thinking about spending 10k and how I should got a black one (probably a big mistake as I'm terrible at cleaning cars) and how I should of waited until sept to get the 55 reg. I'm still really looking forward to getting it!

Anyway' date=' thanks for all your help :thumbup:

Steven[/quote']

You won't regret it for a nano second once its on your drive ! Having been driving for too many years and having owned a very wide variety of cars up to true exotica, I can genuinely say 12 months on the VRS is overall probably the best car I have ever owned and it still makes the hairs on my neck stand up. It is a truely miraculous package in so many ways.

Have fun. :thumbup:

Agree with RSB in that your golf clubs will fit if you take your woods out of your bag first. Bag will just about go diagonally and then you place the woods in with the grips up high to the left (there is a slot which seems alomst purpose built!). Can't get two sets in tho' so no picking up mates unless you want to dirty the back seats.