Start Issues

My 2010 Vrs 170 CR failed to start after being sat for 4 hours. I had driven 100 miles that morning with no problems. AA seem to think that it is a injection fault as the fuel pressure is building but the engine was just turning over, he sprayed some fuel in the engine via a cover he removed and the engine spluttered but failed to start.

Skoda Assistance (RAC) came out and the engine would only splutter again, this guy thought that it may be a seal gone on the turbo as it has used most of the oil in less than 3000 miles. The car was towed to my nearest dealer and is now running fine.

Any suggestions of things to have checked much appreciated as the main warranty expires in 5 weeks then it switches to an Approved Skoda warranty.

Many thanks

Defo needs investigated by your dealer as its still in warranty. Strange one that to be honest, at first i thought it could be a weeping injector or bad fuel return but if they squirted "easy start" down it's throat and it just spluttered thats odd!

I'm not sure on the turbo seal as if it was that badly gone it would of been smoking like Dot Cotton burning off that much oil in that short mileage.

A whole heap of things could be the cause mate just hope they sort it for you quickly or at the very least get it diagnosed correctly, keep us informed on what happens

Steve

• 1 month later...