Effective Adhesive for Bumper Protector

Steph64

I have an oem silver rear bumper protector ( the one that protects the loading edge from scratching), it's got double sided tape on it but - (as I've read elsewhere) - this doesn't stick; it's for holding it in place while the trim is properly glued. I don't have access to Skoda activators or glue so what would work?? Had thought epoxy (araldite) but don't want to risk it if it sticks to one piece and not the other.........

ps - already aware of the need for doing it on a super clean, grease free, warm bumper ledge.

I put ours on with just the double sided tape. Done about 15K (including Southern Vendee and back) since and it seems solid. Until it came I didn't even know it was supposed to go on with the sticky stuff, which wasn't mentioned in the trim listing. If it starts lifting I'll probably squeeze a dollop of No Nails under it.

I used double sided tape , but covered the underside with it, been on for 2 years now, still as solid as the day I fitted it, and its been exposed to a wide range of temps, but normally here in Finistere.

Used alcohol to clean the surface before fitting!

Mine was on with dst, after washing it today I wasn't happy that it was going to stay put - it came off no probs at all, way too easily; needs a glue I think....

See other earlier posts regarding this and the main agreement is Tiger Glue around the non 3M tape area, peel off the tape and press into place, it will not come away under any circustances

See other earlier posts regarding this and the main agreement is Tiger Glue around the non 3M tape area

Careful! If you Google "tiger glue" then the first two products that come up are not the one recommended in the other threads. One is a cyanoacrylate which would not be suitable at all, while the other product (called "Tiger Bond" ) might be suitable but it still isn't the one that people are recommending. The recommended product is called Tiger Seal and comes up first hit (Amazon listing) if you Google it.

I suppose "tiger" is attractive as a name for an adhesive because it has overtones of tenacity. Can anyone explain "Gun Gum"?