Octavia 3 replaces Superb

Just watching the Giro d'Italia and after a number of years using the Superb as the officials cars they have been replaced by Octavia 3 hatches. A number of the teams are using Octy 3 estates as team cars.

Just watching the Giro d'Italia and after a number of years using the Superb as the officials cars they have been replaced by Octavia 3 hatches. A number of the teams are using Octy 3 estates as team cars.

I guess as a new model Skoda are looking to "up" the appearances for marketing

An excuse to post this link. :happy:

• Like 2

Do you cycle Matt?

Used to do a bit of road biking when I was younger, not got a road bike at mo, just don't seem to get the time these days, got 2 young kids to keep me busy. Were off to Centre Parcs tomorra so will be taking my old mountain bike into Sherwood Pines for a blast! :sweat:

Edited by Matt Pez

probably as the superb has the old design, but the fl version is coming soon so maybe they will revert back to them, still nice to see skodas are getting used to do it

Are Skoda a sponsor on the Giro like on the TdF? They'll be wanted to get maximum exposure of the new Octy and seeing as it is now nearly as big as the Superb seems a sensible decision.

can understand why the Octavia 3 was launched when it was. In time for the cycling season. Canny marketing and good spotting for us Skoda Spotters!

• Like 1