Rear Brake Caliper - Burst Rubber Around Piston

Just been changing the front and rear discs and pads on my Octavia.

Had a hell of a bother getting one of the rear calper pistons back in, but managed it. However in the proesss I managed to burst the rubber cover that is around the piston.

Does anyone know if I can get one of those rubber things by its self, or are they only in the rebuild kits?

Seen two kits on ebay but not sure what size the piston is (not got the car at the house to look), so does anyone know what is the right kit of a 2000 TDI (110hp version).

38mm piston: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-OCTAVIA-REAR-CALIPER-REPAIR-KIT-MODELS-WITH-38mm-CALIPER-PISTON-BCK3843N-/230970211511?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35c6e5bcb7

41mm piston: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-OCTAVIA-REAR-CALIPER-REPAIR-KIT-MODELS-WITH-41mm-CALIPER-PISTON-BCK4101A-/230970214364?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35c6e5c7dc

Cheers,

Scott

You can get the rubbers as part of a seal kit .

Not sure of the size for your car but i got a set for my Octy VRS after the old ones were perished and made the piston hard work to press in.

You get piston fluid in the kit too, that helps bed the seal and piston back into caliper. Think it was £8 from TPS

• Like 1

Managed to get my camera in and get a shot of the back of the caliper. After giving it a quick clean with a small wire brush I can see its a 41mm piston which is on my car.

Encase anyone else is wondering here is the image showing the number just above the arm the handbrake cable attaches to. My handbrake is on in this picture, don't know if being off will move the arm in the way of the number or not.

rearcaliper.jpg