Anyone help?

Hi, can anyone advise me on what Revs the turbo "kicks in" on a standard 170cr vrs?

I got it mapped yesterday and the turbo doesn't do anything until about 2000, but I would swear that before the map i definitley wasn't revving as high as that before the turbo got going.

This then makes the car very unsmooth and feels almost dangerous as i'm expecting the power to just be there, and then nothing for a moment and all of a sudden (as soon as 200o hits) i'm off like a bat outta hell!

Should I bring it back?

Cheers,

Ryan

2000 about right standard? the car feels much more like my old fabia Vrs now - which isnt so good!

got it done in antrim somewhere :rain: , but prob gonna take it back later to let them have a wee look

1800-2000 is about right for stock yes, it will feel much more pronounced now you have had it mapped. Wherever you got it mapped should be able to adjust the map to suit your taste, sounds like you need to ask them to reduce the torque a little bit a low revs.

maybe thats the issue, i do do a lot of stop start driving around town and the car did feel a lot better on long open road drives, sure they can always revert these things...cant they..

Sounds about right, mine was around 2000-2100 before & after map (Shark). That said it is noticably more smoother building up to 2100 & when it kicks in it shifts. :rofl:

Edited by HWMBO - Mark

IF you can I would get your money back and go to Autotune in Pennybridge Ballymena, They have a Rolling Road there and will customise the map to whatever way you want it

no RR, just pulled ECU out, took it into office, did something, put it back in car and there you go - take a drive - felt ok then, but started feeling issues later on yesterday

not bad, no problems when I got there and car did seem to be running really well but later on the problems seemed to come back, is the car didn't seem to have much pull leaving traffic lights and roundabouts until I got above 2000 revs - not good when cars are coming at you! so today I disconnected the battery for a couple of hours and things seemed to be much better when I tested it afterwards - anyone explain how this may have made a difference, indeed, should it have made a difference?? cheers Ryan

He didnt really do anything apart from race the **** out of the car down some country roads and tell me all was fine( which it did seem to be when he was driving)!, i have bought a odb bluetooth reader of ebay and downloaded the torque pro app, so hopefully will see anything appearing on it , have you ever used one of these things?

really you should have asked him to adjust the map like I said, ragging it up and down the road wont do anything. I would suggest you tell him to adjust it to your requirements or get your money back and go elsewhere....