Monte Carlo Tech - Worthy buy?

So I'm in need of a cheap to run, smart looking diesel and this seems to fit the bill.

The 'offer' of the Monte Carlo Tech at £12,975 seems to be pretty good with the Nav and Bluetooth chucked in but is it really?

I'm a little out of the loop with Skoda's so not sure if I'm being blinded by what looks to be a good spec, cheap, reliable car?

It would be my first brand new car so I just want to make sure I'm not going to regret it! The dealer has given the whole pushy 'they're going quickly' spiel which I'm not buying tbh. I certainly wont be doing anything until my car is picked up Thursday.

Apparently I can 'secure' a white one but you can't add any extra's like cruise control? I guess this can be retrofitted and maybe I can do some arm twisting to get this chucked in.

Also, with the Nav/Bluetooth fitted I presume it comes with the Maxidot display? Bit of a deal breaker if not!

Does anyone have any ideas or anything else I should consider?

Thanks!

Jack.

Edited by Jaws78

If you want to add spec go for a monte that you can add spec to. I have a white monte tech on order might be here next week 1.2 tsi it comes with maxidot skoda uk say yes. The dealer i have used say the have ordered 10

Thanks! Was a bit concerned about the Maxidot. The one I drove today had it but also had cruise and rear parking sensors, not sure how? I think it might have just been a Monte with the extra's added on.

The Tech does come with maxidot. I'm also disappointed that you can't add any options, I would of liked a centre arm rest and a few other things, little bit annoying but oh well!

Ah fair enough! I think it was a demo because the guy was using it personally who served me. I could either have that one with 500 miles + cruise, rear parking sensors, bluetooth and nav or a brand new unregistered TECH for the same price. No brainer really! Not too fussed about parking sensors and cruise control is good but I'd rather have it brand new!

Ah fair enough! I think it was a demo because the guy was using it personally who served me. I could either have that one with 500 miles + cruise, rear parking sensors, bluetooth and nav or a brand new unregistered TECH for the same price. No brainer really! Not too fussed about parking sensors and cruise control is good but I'd rather have it brand new!

Go for it then i do not think you will be disappointed

Me either! I am going to wait for my car to be collected and cash in hand on Thursday then most probably order it on Friday. Two week wait I'm told. That would be a for a white 1.6 tdi Tech.

If I remember rightly its a "TECH" because of the Amstadan console which includes SAT NAV and Bluetooth.. I am assuming Skoda will also chuck in some free serivicing and warrenty etc...

It depends on what you want.. If you want good value for money and need to sensible running costs and with some bling, then this could be for you! You might want to consider saving your cash and see what Skoda offers next year in terms of the new Fabia 2014... By that time the TECH prices might fall a bit further down.. But I'd consider it as a second nippy run around car...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

We've had ours for just about 2 weeks now!! Lovely motor and the mrs is really pleased with it. we went for the 1.2 tsi 105 and it's perfect for us. Plenty of poke whilst maintaining a good fuel economy.