Help?! Fabia vrs starting trouble :'(

Right well my mk1 fabia vrs just sometimes wont start? Will turn over but only hots 500rpm?

It sometimes doesnt make that squirting primer noise either?

And then when it does start it will run on like 2 cylinders? Then suddenly back to normal..

Ita making me hate my car dor it because its becomming unreliable, had it on vagcom and batteries checked.. All fine :/

Anybody any ideas? Been told it could be either the main fuel pump or thd ignition switch immobilising the engine? :/

first off leave ignition on and pull pipes off both sides of fuel filter to check you are getting a sufficient fuel flow in to and out of the filter .

when the car is running is it down on power ?

any more smoke than normal ?

any lumpier / smoother than normal ?

Just one by one yeah?

No power seems fine unless cold then its sluggish but obviously thats expected..

Not really as it smokes well anyway?

Just rough as **** when started :/

What happens if you try (key on to full ignition live (key position just just short of cranking) - wait 10 secs, key off) x 3. Wondering if it might be dead glow plugs. Perhaps find someone close to you that can do a fault code scan too