glow plug indicator flashing!

john96

guys,

just drove car after it was parked up for a week. glow plug light flashing and the engine warning was also on.

book says there is a problem with engine control for this system.

I'm obviously taking it to the garage on Monday, but has anyone else had this problem before?

car is nine month old and done 7800 miles.

ta

I have the same on my Skoda octaves, 2.0pd. Egr failed causing engine light to come on, then glow plug light started flashing a month or so later. Garage told me it was due to Egr valve? Need to get it replaced when I get a moment...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

same thing happend to my yeti two weeks ago,egr problem,took them all day to fix mine,was told its a common problem through out the vag group,if so WHY have they not addressed this !!!!!!!.done under warranty,god knows how much it would have coast me!!.

michael

In the dealers yesterday and overheard a similar issue with an Octy (I think). Owner had had the EGR replaced under warranty but this time now out of warranty the fault was with the throttle body EGR connection :S

EGR is only there for emissions and has been a regular issue for VAG.

TP

I know where you are coming from mine is currently at the dealer waiting for an engineer from the extended warranty company to come and inspect it. Same symptoms light flashing, into limp mode. Hope to have it back by the end of the week but have a courtesy car so not too much of a problem. I have done 43 k miles. Good job it didn't happen in April when I drove down to Malaga and back - 4000 miles in 4 weeks

update.

got to dealer today. was bank holiday weekend here in Germany.

waited two hours as apparently the mechanics were all busy...

finally got it in and turns out that it was a marder ( ferret) that had bitten through some cables!

which over here is a fairly common problem.

picked it back up tonight €43 poorer!!

turns out that it was a marder ( ferret) that had bitten through some cables!

which over here is a fairly common problem.

better than a ferret down the trousers

I know

hi bob, usual please

• Like 3

how common is it!!!!!, my dealer told me while i was having mine sorted, so if they say so,who do you belive??.also a lad i work with[who has an audi]said exactly the same.. thats common thing in the vag group.who knows,maybe it is.hope you dont find out!!.

Dealer told me that they have a few but not a lot. No particular pattern he reckoned but if you just use it for tottering around town then it could happen. I said that I did 4k miles in April mostly at 80 mph on French toll roads and Spanish dual carriageways so that didn't cause it! he agreed.

It's an ill wind though because my courtesy car is an almost new (1500 miles only) golf 2.0 TDI bluemotion with a DSG box but on balance I still prefer the Yeti but it is good to try other cars. First time to drive a DSG box, i am impressed but I suspect that I would be even more impressed if I had one and it wasn't under warranty when if stopped working - or is that being a bit negative?

Will I get the Yeti back tomorrow? I wonder

Update

Got the yeti back at close of play yesterday, all seems ok at the moment. They replaced the EGR valve, the cooler and the pipework. They also found a faulty flexible joint in a rear drive shaft and replaced that too. The total bill to the warranty company (it is a Skoda extended warranty) will be £1100 plus VAT and they give special labour rates to the warranty company so I would have expected it to be around £1.5k if I had to pay for it. Thank goodness for extended warranties in this instance

They also did a software upgrade for the EGR valve control - tells you something doesn't it!

I would have seriously thought about taking it out if I had to pay for it, it only operates for a short time apparently.