vRS Fog Lights. Blue Lights.

Picked up the new vRS last night - so far SWMBO seems pleased with it.

Questions that may have been answered before:

Fog lights. In the brochure, it says that front fog lights are standard on the vRS. Unfortunately, this doesn't appear to be the case on our car - there's no switch, and indeed no fog lights, as they are the DRL's. Dealership salesmen are scratching thier collective heads about this one, and are calling Skoda about it.

Blue lights. I know that the vRS headlights are different to the rest. They have projector lights, but there are also what look like blue bulbs inboard of the headlights too. Anyone know what these are for? Anyone know how you turn them on?

Thanks

Mike

Enjoy the car.

No Fog lights on a mk2 vRS sadly.

The blue bulbs are just there filling up a socket, they are redundant and not wired.

The DRL's were fitted as standard,

& then when sidelights and headlights are on, the DRL's become dimmer and are the sidelights.

When parked with the Indicator stalk down, they are the front Parking light, one side only on.

george

As Geaorge said but with slight modification. Blue bulbs are wired and can be activate at dealers but this would switch off DLRs as you cannot have both on for some stupid reason. There must be a VCDS control function allowing both to be switched on... I hope...

They were not on my 2010 vRS.

But the Auto Electrician fitted and wired a bulb and had them working as a sidelight,

and had the front lights that were DRL/Sides wired as a Fog Light to come on with the rear Fog.

These worked with the Sidelights in the headlight unit on & Dipped beam on, but not full beam.

Then i had the DRL/Sidelight units changed to front Spot/driving lights.

(then they were broken a couple of times in incidents.)

george

• Like 1

I'll see what the Dealer comes back with.

I would have expected that when it says in the Fabia brochure that front fogs are standard, then it would have them fitted. Perhaps a little naiive of me to think that what is written in the brochure may actually be true :giggle:

From your picture George, my lights seem to be a bit different - the blue bulb is central to the non-lens on the inside - yours seems to be up to one side, but maybe its the camera angle.

Mike

They were not on my 2010 vRS.

But the Auto Electrician fitted and wired a bulb and had them working as a sidelight,

and had the front lights that were DRL/Sides wired as a Fog Light to come on with the rear Fog.

These worked with the Sidelights in the headlight unit on & Dipped beam on, but not full beam.

Then i had the DRL/Sidelight units changed to front Spot/driving lights.

(then they were broken a couple of times in incidents.)

george

I'd love to have something like that done to my car!

re the Bulb.

The picture pretty much shows where it is on Older Lights.

Above and to the inside of the Main Beam. that pic is at the Drivers side.

Skoda have been getting told for 3 years that the vRS has no Fog Lights which they obviously know,

yet they have never changed the Brochures/Configurator/Advertising.

& Salespeople will still say they have them.

george