4x4 spec. How does it compare?

Hi all,

I like my little luxuries so I've been looking at Elegance and L&K cars. I can't help thinking though that I should go for a 4x4 instead for safer handling especially in the winter. My problem is that I can't find what equipment the 4x4 has compared with the Elegance and L&K. Is there a website I can look at that will specify exactly what came as standard with each of these cars?

I know there was a big upgrade in about 2008/2009 but a car that age would probably be out of my budget. Was there any smaller change in specs between 2004 and 2008. If so, what and when?

Thanks for any help you can give me,

Neil.

According to the 2010 brochure I have, the 4x4 is based on the SE with a few extras; 4 spoke leather steering wheel, auto dimming rear view mirror, dual zone air conditioning, ESP, four wheel drive (obviously!), Jumbo Box, front fogs, plastic sump guard, raised suspension, black roof rails and 15 " Pyxis alloys.

The Elegance has the following over the 4x4; cruise control, integrated headlamp wash rear seat split and folding with arm rest and storage box and variable boot floor

I have the Scout, which is above the 4x4 and it lacks the following over the Elegance; electrically foldable door mirrors.

Excuse any spelling errors but I'm using my SIII!!!!

HTH

Fin

I have a MY2011 (FL) Octavia 4X4 which has headlight washers, rear seat split, and folding armrest with storage box, but no variable boot floor nor cruise control. I have had the latter retrofitted.

I forgot to mention it also has the later Haldex 4. :)

My 2006 4x4 has as has been mentioned, "4 spoke leather steering wheel, auto dimming rear view mirror, dual zone air conditioning, ESP, four wheel drive (obviously!), Jumbo Box, front fogs, plastic sump guard, raised suspension, black roof rails and 15" alloys" plus

headlamp wash,

rear seat split(without armrest)

puddle lights

6 CD autochanger

And I'm well pleased :-)

Chris

My 2006 4x4 has as has been mentioned, "4 spoke leather steering wheel, auto dimming rear view mirror, dual zone air conditioning, ESP, four wheel drive (obviously!), Jumbo Box, front fogs, plastic sump guard, raised suspension, black roof rails and 15" alloys" plus

headlamp wash,

rear seat split(without armrest)

puddle lights

6 CD autochanger

And I'm well pleased :-)

Chris

Odd, I have an armrest in the back and a proper bit of armour plating underneath but not the puddle lights. Mines a MY07.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

The Elegance doesn't have electric folding mirrors

My pre FL L&K doesn't have electric folding mirrors either. Isn't it only post FL cars that have electric folding mirrors?

I went out early this morning to check my puddle lights and found they aren't on the mirrors but shine from the door cards when the door is open - sorry for the misinformation .. :-)