Octavia 1 SDI Dual mass flywheel?

HI all does anyone know if the octavia 1 SDI is fitted with a dual mass flywheel as I'm looking to buy a reliable economical diesel but don't want the problems with turbo and dmf look forward to reading your replies which will be very much appreciated.

If it's an SDI then it shouldn't have a turbo. Or it wouldbe a TDI.

Our SDI Fabia had a single mass flywheel. Most likely the same on the Octy.

On account of less them having than 70bhp and not requiring anything to smooth out

power delivery. And very very reliable and economical. Highest mileage I've heard of

on an SDI is 450000k :o

Thanks for replies ,the car I've seen for sale is a 2001 with just over 100,000 on the clock which I believe is not a lot Got an SDI but I don't know much about thesr bodywork wise so I guess ill ill Have to Have a good look for rust I'm not expecting a faultless car for what they're asking but obviously don't want rust

Make sure you get Y reg or newer or the tax is £200+ due to it being a 1.9

on any registered before Y reg

After that it halves based on them having low emissions. ;)

Our first year on our 54 plate was 90quid but it's gone up a few times since then.

Still only about £110 for 12 months though, not bad. And they can run on 100%

veg oil if they have the right variant of fuel pump (Bosch). Do your research first, but there

are members on here who've sucessfully run SDIs on veg oil and various mixtures

with no issues.

Following on from this does this mean an X plate 2000 ASV tdi will be smf too? Finding contradicting answers all over the place.

The TDIs have a DMF.

The reason for having a DMF is to smooth out the peaky high torque from the engine.

The SDIs aren't really high torque so get away with it but the TDIs have a DMF.

Phil

• Like 1