Electric Window closing using key fob

Was sat in the car last night waiting for my daughter who was swimming. I had the front driver window fully down. Went to collect my daughter and jumped out the car thinking that I could use the key fob (holding down the 'lock' key) to close the open window. Only thing was the window lifted half way up, stopped then retracted again. I tried this method a couple more times before giving up unlocking the car, putting the key in the ignition and lifting the window using the 'normal' window switch on the drivers door - even then it lifted half way before stopping(?) but eventually I got it closed by using the window switch.

Any ideas what could be wrong? I will get it checked it out when it is next in for a service before the warranty runs out in January.

The car is a 2011 petrol vRS hatch.

Sounds like something is stopping the window from going up smoothly - they have built in protection from trapping somebody so if they feel resistance (i.e. from squashing someone's arm or neck) they stop and retract. Our old Audi did this once so we sprayed the window channels with silicon lubricant spray from Halfords and that sorted it.

Sounds like something is stopping the window from going up smoothly - they have built in protection from trapping somebody so if they feel resistance (i.e. from squashing someone's arm or neck) they stop and retract. Our old Audi did this once so we sprayed the window channels with silicon lubricant spray from Halfords and that sorted it.

I wondered about that - if / when it ever stops raining today - I'll have a look. Thanks for the tip about the silicon spray. :rock: