Remapped 0-60 Video on my MY2010 Superb Estate

Afternoon all

Its been a while, but here i am again.

I have been running my Shark remap for about 2 1/2 years now. Covered nearly 70k and all is well im happy to report. I think the car has got quicker as the miles have gone on.

Anyway, thought i would drop a video of a 0-60 for those that are interested in the performance of a Shark remap :-)

Excuse the music :-\

Obviously a DSG too.. im not that quick at changing gears!!

200 bhp remapped tdi quicker to 60 than a standard 260 bhp V6? Looks fake to me. Can't imagine a remap alone on a mapped 170 diesel is going to knock 2.5 seconds of its standard time. More likely 8 secs to 60 after the map.

R3NVL,

Just a few questions:

1, Is there any increase in smoke from the exhaust?

2, Did you get the DPF removed and if not, any adverse effects with re-gens etc?

3, How has it affected fuel consumption?

4, What is the BHP rating now after the map?

5, What do you say to the doubters that the video is 'fake'?

Thanks and best of luck,

Rob

Edited by Robbo Cop

200 bhp remapped tdi quicker to 60 than a standard 260 bhp V6? Looks fake to me. Can't imagine a remap alone on a mapped 170 diesel is going to knock 2.5 seconds of its standard time. More likely 8 secs to 60 after the map.

Thought I'd replied to this earlier, but obviously not.

Shark tuned 170 is going to have about 20% more torque than V6 and deliver this about 1250rpm lower down too. It's over 100KG less in kerb weight and the bhp differential has been reduced by about 30%. So I would think its possible to get down to about 7-7.5sec 0-60 with that tune.

Cheers

Steve

Tut Tut 80+ on an A road, A611 Derby, you may want to delete it and not have the location showing in the maxidot next time :giggle:

And before I get slammed I'm trying to help you out here bud, everything you post on the net feeds back so if the eyes wanted to find you you've just given them evidence to convict you for speeding.

Edited by Supurbia

Rob from my experience:

R3NVL,

Just a few questions:

1, Is there any increase in smoke from the exhaust? NONE AT ALL

2, Did you get the DPF removed and if not, any adverse effects with re-gens etc? NO, NO

3, How has it affected fuel consumption? UP BY 2 - 3 MPG

4, What is the BHP rating now after the map? 195.7 @ 20° (up from 172.2 @ 18°) & an increase of 73Nm torque … nearly 20% increase

5, What do you say to the doubters that the video is 'fake'?

Thanks and best of luck,

Rob

Scan_zpsf6e6cdbf.jpeg

Figures are one thing, but the reality is it is a much more refined and powerful delivery … well worth it IMO.

Great info Gizmo, thanks very much mate.

What sort of milage do you do, and whats on your car now? (apologies for all the questions) ...

"Motoring was so much simpler without damn DPF's" ...!

Cheers,

Rob

The car now has just over 30K on it, mainly decent journeys (15+ miles) the DPF has certainly done some regens but it not a common occurrence.

The car used to be driven for economy as I was travelling 80+ miles per day, now that has changed and my mileage has dramatically decreased the car is driven for enjoyment and I do not worry about the mpg.

A remap on my 1.6tdi has knocked off 2 seconds from 0-60mph and more than 10 seconds to 110mph.

Just checked with my insurance company and they would increase my premium from £240 per year to £665!!!!!! kills any remap for me unless there are any cheaper insurance companies when renewal times comes around again?

i would have thought that sub 8 seconds with 200 bhp was achievable - it's 7.5 ish for my E 250 cdi with 204 bhp and a 7 speed auto box...

Al.

ps. Doubt the DSG box, that aint designed for additional power, will last too long tho... I've personally never re-mapped a car - don't see the point; the 170 engine is great!

Just checked with my insurance company and they would increase my premium from £240 per year to £665!!!!!! kills any remap for me unless there are any cheaper insurance companies when renewal times comes around again?

That's that over before it started then. My insurance is crazy anyway, £800+, because I've always had company cars up till now I have no real history (and 3 points that don't come off till next year...)

It's a good point about the DSG box too, that extra 30 bhp might just rip right through it.

I have an unbranded performance chip, I have an 09 Elegance CR170 which is now running @ 225bhp. I do a lot of motorway miles for my own business, car has just reached 120K miles. MPG is brilliant, my best mpg run when trying all the usual techniques (as well as a near perfect timing of traffic lights on the route) resulted in an average MPG of 65.6. Torque is up by 20%, with smooth delivery across the range, pulls right up to the redline.

No extra smoke from the backend, has just flown through my emissions test. When my wife was driving it the other day, she flew past me giving it full throttle, no smoke at all visible.

As for the insurance, I use Adrian Flux, it is on my policy, only added £130 to my annual costs. But with fuel savings on average approx. 20% above baseline models, the return per annum is quite significant.

I have had it on a rolling road, and the mapping programmed in whilst running and verifying. There are ways of increasing the output further, but the techie guys said it will begin overstressing the turbo, injectors etc, unless I wanted to upgrade those also, didn't have £1500 to burn so decided against it.

Yes, and better consumption when driven sensibly, obviously if I was constantly booting the thing the MPG does drop significantly. Because the remap makes the power delivery smoother, you find yourself changing gears less, the engine pulls very strongly from about 1300 RPM right through the range, that's where your savings come in. Like I said in my earlier post, driven sensibly you do see more return on your fuel costs.

I have been a strong believer in diesel remapping for a long time. I have a £80 chip on my Mondeo Estate TDCI 130, which has a variable output dial. I can give it 20% more torque and BHP with a simple turn of a screwdriver, I chose not to on this car because I use this to drive my mobile disco and trailer around, just wanted the economy. Plus I have racked up 250K miles in it and the engine probably couldn't take the hammering.

... I have a £80 chip on my Mondeo Estate TDCI 130, which has a variable output dial. I can give it 20% more torque and BHP with a simple turn of a screwdriver

:rock:

Edited by lmb

Try Adrian Flux: I'm looking at remapping and they quoted me £350. Currently pay £240 with Direct Line (no remap), and didn't want to worry them by asking them to quote.

Edited by JakeBlade

Try Adrian Flux: I'm looking at remapping and they quoted me £350. Currently pay £240 with Direct Line (no remap), and didn't want to worry them by asking them to quote.

Apologies - I don't know where I got the £350 from.  It was £440 quoted from AF.