Dr Hackenberg's Pocket Rocket.

Vectensian

Happened to be passing the VW dealership today, popped in and asked when the Up GT is coming out. About a couple of months, I was told and the salesman even knew about the tartan seats, same as the original Golf GTi.

The 64,000 dollar question is will Skoda be allowed to do their version? Really hope so, because I'm hanging onto my Octavia longer that intended, because the Up GT is by all accounts a cracker of a car and I want one, but preferably a Skoda version, because it will be better value, (cheaper), than the VW. And - with a bit of luck Skoda will do it in Race Blue.

I think the Up GT is going to be a massive success - it will be more Mini Cooper S than the original Mini Cooper S, (Issigonnis's, not the BMW German one.) In case you hadn't heard, - the 3 pot motor is turbo'ed, about 109bhp, loads more torque, 0-60 - 7 seconds, top end 120 or so, lowered suspension, discs all round, 6 speed box, different front, twin exhausts etc.

Hoping for a Skoda Vrs Citigo! With Skoda's long history of motorsport, I'm optimistic!

But it also comes down to Skoda's history of only making a Fabia & Octavia vRS. For example I believe Skoda have just annoucned the new Mk3 Octavia vRS but they havnt mentioned any kid of Rapid or CitiGo vRS which i believe have both been on the market for longer.

Sadly I think if there was going to be a Citigo vRS we would have already heard about it!