White dial kit for elegance 4x4

Anyone seen any white dial kits for a octy? Did a search on here but only found a thread for a diesel.

Do the VRS have white dials? And most importantly.... how easy is it to get the dials out? ;0)

aha, i was just thinking of changing the card insert, so you rekon if i changed the whole unit it would display correct speed etc? guess the obd would recognise that theyve been changed?

Edited by RichieB75

To the best of my knowledge the mileage data is stored in the immobilizer ECU

I believe some models had the immobilizer ECU built into the instrument cluster itself, on others its separate unit - not sure how this applies (if at all) to Octavia 1U's

I assume if a separate unit you can swap the instrument cluster via using Ross-Tech's Vag-com (VCDS), you'll need the vehicles SKC code to do this

If the combined unit, I assume someone would have to record the data from the old unit and then upload it to the new unit

Outfits like Shark can do this sort of stuff

More info from uk-mkivs: MK4 Golf and Bora Speedo \ Instrument Cluster