Error replacing Cluster

Hi,last weekend I replaced my Cluster (miniDot / Non-FIS) to an used maxiDot / FIS Cluster. Te process of cluster matching ended OK, but first attempt on matching keys failed.

First Time Instrument Cluster:

grp1 YES

grp3 0 0 0 0

Later times (now):

grp1 YES

grp3 0 0 0 3

cuadro_error.png

I have no errors on Autoscan, car works, but the immo yellow led light is blinking

Please can you help me?

I believe you'll need a lot more than VCDS to retro-fit Maxidot clusters due to the immobiliser needing coding to the car (or something like that).

Eddie_NL on this forum is the man to ask.

If you're anywhere near Great Yarmouth it'll be worth going to see him.

I'm from spain, not easy to meet Eddie-NL, but maybe he can help me:

- I need to match keys from zero? Austoscan says no error, and car starts and immo works...

Or

- I need to start from unplug clister and repeat all cluster + key matching

My car is a pre-facelift, according to ross-tech I need only VCDS and newer cluster pin. I have vag commander 5.1 but I don't know how to match keyswith It.

NOTE: I oppened another post asking for an facelift immo, It's not for me, It'sfor a friend who also bought an used cluster and is trying to setup. Both are worried because It's not as easy as other VCDS tricks.

Wow!

I thought it was much more than VCDS that was needed. Obviously not with certain equipment & conditions.

Afraid I can't help. But I'm very interested in the outcome and how you solve the issues.

Good luck.

Either PM Ed or wait with crossed fingers that he'll spot this and respond.

• 2 months later...

Solved !!!!

The problem was about key matching process:

- I had diferent messages on FIS when key was turned on (seatbelt warning and service remainder)

- During key matching, led didn't switch off indicating that it was all ok, due to this annoying messages on FIS (I hope)

Then:

1. Fastened seatbealt

2. Set Service Remainder to 0 on vcds

---> no messages on FIS (only immo not adapted)

3. Started key matching as described on rosstech

And finally solved !

-----

If someone is interested, I discovered something about measuring blocks screen on Immo module (see previous picture). The screen showed a "3" only when key was turned on, but changes to 0-no error, when key was removed ---> great thing, because VCDS continues retrieving data without key turned on