Problems with my skoda Fabian 1.4

Hi

Wondered if anyone can help me I have a skoda Fabia 1.4 16 valve and am experiencing some trouble

Here goes

When driviNg not all the time but sometimes no matter what speed going the engine will almost like sound like its going to stall and my rev counter will completely go off then my oil light will start flashing along with my asr light staying on all the time !! Then when the car hits a certain speed it will judder and won't stop until I come off the accelerated but if I then try and accelerate again it will still judder to rectify the problem I must pull over and turn engine off where I then get my rev counter back !!

Can anyone tell me what is happening ?? Thanks

Rather than taking a guess, get the whole car (all systems) scanned for any fault codes. The last one I encountered with similar symptoms had a faulty dash panel.

You also need to familiarise yourself with your car, if the ASR light is illuminated all the time - it is switched off, if it flashes on briefly - it has intervened to prevent wheelspin.

Cheers waool1988 does this solve the issue of the oils light flashing at me and the asr stayin on to

As the asr is unabled to be turned off once this happens !!

I think it would solve the problem. Losing the signal from such an essential sensor would make all the systems in the car confused.

Rather than taking a guess, get the whole car (all systems) scanned for any fault codes. The last one I encountered with similar symptoms had a faulty dash panel.

You also need to familiarise yourself with your car, if the ASR light is illuminated all the time - it is switched off, if it flashes on briefly - it has intervened to prevent wheelspin.

However, I am with fordfan with this. An all systems scan would be the first thing to do.

To me it looks more like the ASR is kicking in and reduce the engine rpms. Try to turn it off before this is happening.Why would the ASR light up if it is the rev sensor? It could be an ABS sensor sending wrong information.