2 quick questions!

1st

I have the SE with no headlamp washers - do I have a low screen washer warning light?

2nd

The button on the door to deactivate the interior alarm sensors - on my last 2 Skodas this button was illuminated red and turned yellow when pressed. On my Roomster the button stays red when I press it - is that normal?

I have the earlier 1.9TDI roomster2. Can definitely say that mine has no screenwash warning light. As I found out when a truck splashed a load of mud spray onto the windscreen on the motorway, and the wipers smearing it all over was my first clue that the screenwash was empty.

1st

I have the SE with no headlamp washers - do I have a low screen washer warning light?

2nd

The button on the door to deactivate the interior alarm sensors - on my last 2 Skodas this button was illuminated red and turned yellow when pressed. On my Roomster the button stays red when I press it - is that normal?

if it is the same as my superb, unlock the doors open the drivers door push the button (should turn yellow) close the drivers door push the lock button on the fob and it deactivates the interior monitoring

Mine stays red after pressing. I presume it's working though, as I used it quite often in the colder weather with the dog inside and it never went off.

Stayed red on my 2007 Roomster as well.

Thanks for the answers folks. Looks like the consensus is:

1. Low screen wash warning light - Will have to wait and see! Run 'em dry! And carry a litre of screen wash in the boot.

2. Internal sensor deactivation - Very odd! Looks like the higher Skoda models (Octavia, Superb, Yeti) have a button that turns yellow when activated. Roomster and Fabia have to press and hope it has worked cos there is no indication. Most odd!!

Just checked my handbook... it says screen wash warning light is optional or only available on certain models.

My internal sensor stays red the same, but I know it works because I lock my kids in the car and when I remember to press the button first there's no problems, otherwise the alarm starts blaring after a minute or so.

...I lock my kids in the car...

I would never lock anyone in a car. This is the warning in the Yeti Owners Manual:

WARNING

The central locking system also operates if the ignition is switched off. All the doors and the boot lid are locked. Children should never be left unattended in the vehicle since it is difficult to provide assistance from the outside when the doors are locked. Locked doors make it difficult for rescuers to get into the ve- hicle in an emergency - hazard!

I would never lock anyone in a car. This is the warning in the Yeti Owners Manual:

I'll second that! Only time I ever use it is when I want to leave the windows open a smidgen at work on hot days.

I suppose it's better not to. But I didn't mean leaving them to go shopping or something. What I was talking about was going to pay for fuel. I'd rather not pull them out of the car for that. And even then they have their rear windows partly open and it's the double key press to only lock from the outside - from the inside the doors aren't locked.