mk1 fabia vrs upper boost pipe

Richard-vrs

I found this on ebay http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=170989776969

I asked them how much just for the boost pipe as I already have the egr delete.

They can do 5 at £100 each. If anyone is interested put your names down and i will see what i can sort. Or if someone is a better haggler than me please feel free to try and knock it down a bit more.

THIS IS JUST PRICE FOR THE BOOST PIPE, DOES NOT INCLUDE EGR DELETE OR SILICONE BEND.

• Like 1

I will check, on their ebay page they only have 10 full kits left I think he offering 5 because he doesnt want to split many up. I contacted allard who it appears make the intercooler pipe but no response from them yet.

As for the blt question I am not sure i didnt think the pipe work differed that much though.

Standby on this as allard still havent replied to me and ebay shop not really moving on price or numbers. I have been in touch with darkside to see if they can produce something similare. I really like the idea of the intercooler bayonet being welded to the solid pipe as it cuys out ppssible leaks and also having to have a silicone section and clamps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi been a while since i posted up on this. Basically I got fed up of waiting for a reply from allard and still thought it was a bit expensive. So i went searching for a local company to try and get one made up unfortunately no one wanted anything to do with it. But i found a company bit further away took afternoon off work and what you see in attached image is the prototype, hence the two pieces to get the twist right. The proper one will be made in one piece aluminium and will be around the £40 mark without the bayonet coupler, with the bayonet coupler welded to the pipe I would say £65 as that part would have to be bought in. We are working on a way to incorporate a coupler style connection into the pipe but that will take more work and time.

Anyone interested stick your names below:

I was in same boat but i never really notice fade in smic unless i really been pushing it for a while. Plus i put tie wraps on standard pipes and my mpg went up so i figure i must have a few leaks lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently he has managed to make up a coupler but i havent seen it yet so cannot guarantee how good it is. He told me he will retail his couplers at £10, so i would probably say welded to pipe would be £50.

I am sorry i cannot give more definate prices i am still trying to sort it, i went down again to have it made in ally and he had trouble bending it with the heat.

I left it with him and he posted one to me but if i am honest it could be better.

You could do this two ways, a 90 degree bend and another coupler, or if you get a big enough reducing bend you could do the bend straight onto egr with some jubilee clips. Effectively treating it same as having egr delete.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im glad you got allard to reply i tried by phone and every email address i could find. Unfortunately the guy i was getting it made by has been on holiday for lasr two weeks so havnt been able to sort it yet. Went to couple other places as back up but they were wanting twice as much.

Right im on holiday next week so im going down one day im thinking top pipe will definately be sorted. Im also taking down the lower boost pipe ebay willing to get one of those made up too.

Sorry for keeping you all waiting believe me am frustrated too.

Hi Richard, not wanting to stand on your toes but I called Allard on Monday as well as messaging on ebay. I was planning on sending an upper boost pipe to them tomorrow so they can get tooling/jig arranged for making the pipe, still unclear if it will be an off the shelf item or made to order.

Thats fair enough, i have a feeling the ebay link on first post is allard and still seemed expensive to me.

I went few other places and cheapest i was quoted was £60 just for pipe if ten were ordered so once coupler was added on thats £80.i was trying to orgsnise something as cheap as the diy one on fabia section.