Rapid from Portugal

Hi there!

So, I leave you some pictures (not excellent quality cause they were taken from my mobile phone) of my Black Magic Rapid.

1zc4.jpg

yg8f.jpg

uo23.jpg

2juq.jpg

Edited by niant
  • Like 2

Sweet!!

These are the standard alloy rims offered for the Elegance version in Portugal?

i envy the rear whiper...it is only available upon special order of the car in Greece (lead time 3 months)

• Like 1

Yes, these are the standard alloy rims that came with the Elegance version, at least I didn't choose them. But they are ok for me. About the rear wiper: really? I thought it was a base feature in the Rapid. That's awkward!  Sometimes it's very handy indeed!

• Like 1

I'm thinking about to order the  "stainless steel chrome window trim" from superskoda. I think that, in this particular black version, will give a nice final touch and at the same time protects the rubbers from sun/water.

Lovely mate. I like the way the black contrasts with the chrome. Very smart. :thumbup:

I'm thinking about to order the  "stainless steel chrome window trim" from superskoda. I think that, in this particular black version, will give a nice final touch and at the same time protects the rubbers from sun/water.

Do it! :yes:

• Like 1

in Greece they offer the Antia wheels as standard in Elegance. i like yours better.

yeap, imho, the rear whiper and the USB aux should be standard, but they offer them as extras around here...

in euros, how much was it for the elegance trim (+extra cost for color). i d like to compare prices to Greek ones

Edited by Arabas
  • Like 1

Lovely mate. I like the way the black contrasts with the chrome. Very smart. :thumbup:

Do it! :yes:

Thank you! When I have them mounted, I'll post some pictures!

in Greece they offer the Antia wheels as standard in Elegance. i like yours better.

yeap, imho, the rear whiper and the USB aux should be standard, but they offer them as extras around here...

in euros, how much was it for the elegance trim (+extra cost for colour). i d like to compare prices to Greek ones

Well, let me think...when my parents bought it there was some special discount from the seller bla bla bla...but the base price is around 22.000 Euros,  that is, the 1.2 TSI 105hp Elegance+ black paint + hillhold + 6 manual transmission + black interior. Mine doesn't have the MDI either:( Just an auxiliary input near the handbrake. Here the rear wiper isn't an option.

Well, let me think...when my parents bought it there was some special discount from the seller bla bla bla...but the base price is around 22.000 Euros,  that is, the 1.2 TSI 105hp Elegance+ black paint + hillhold + 6 manual transmission + black interior. Mine doesn't have the MDI either:( Just an auxiliary input near the handbrake. Here the rear wiper isn't an option.

you ve got to be kidding me right !!!???  22K euros??? pls check the price again. it can't be correct.

i got mine  (same specs as yours, minus the hillhold-rear wiper-metallic color) for 14.290 euros ( i have not included 400 euros for tax and some new car costs that every dealer charges).

• Like 1

you ve got to be kidding me right !!!???  22K euros??? pls check the price again. it can't be correct.

i got mine  (same specs as yours, minus the hillhold-rear wiper-metallic color) for 14.290 euros ( i have not included 400 euros for tax and some new car costs that every dealer charges).

I'll check then lol But I think is around that unfortunately:( I told you the final price, with taxes and all. The hillhold is about 150€ and the metallic color is about 200€ I think. Here we have 2 taxes when buying a new car:( The first one is around 900€ (it depends only on CC and CO2) then comes the V.A.T. which is 23% that will me applied to he car base price+the first tax I mentioned.

Nevertheless, that's a huge difference. In the portuguese skoda website, the taxed price for the 1.2tsi 105hp with normal paint is 21.450:(

I'm thinking about to order the  "stainless steel chrome window trim" from superskoda. 

I was thinking about doing that as well for mine :) If you do, let us know how easy they are to fit :)

• Like 1

Jesus, wtf is wrong with our countries adding up so much tax on cars...

it's a 7K euro difference on the same car, in 2 countries not so different to each other...

Yes, you're right. the first tax I talked about raises to almost 3500€ for the rapid diesel 105hp 1.6. It's insane!!!!

I was thinking about doing that as well for mine :) If you do, let us know how easy they are to fit :)

Yes of course. I'll try to order now, in the beginning of July, then I'll give you the feedback.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

Today in the morning I went to the gas station to fuel up my tank. It was already hot and when I went to pay (pre-paid) I left the front windows open and I lock the car with the remote control (force of habit). Less than 2 minutes later, a car passed by very close (cause its driver was parking in the fuel pump next to mine) and the alarm just went off!!! I went to see but he didn't touched my car. What could explain this?:( Awkward, I say!

Probably an interior sensor activated by the air pressure.

The car will have a button inside to disable the interior sensor, which is also used if leaving people in the car so they don't set the alarm off.

• Like 1

Probably an interior sensor activated by the air pressure.

The car will have a button inside to disable the interior sensor, which is also used if leaving people in the car so they don't set the alarm off.

Ah...nice! Actually I activated that alarm the other day lol I didn't know it was that sensitive. Thank you very much! So the other car passing by was just a coincidence!

I think in the owners manual it says something about locking the car twice with the keyfob to deactivate the interior sensor, which is only applicable to that time you lock the car - the next time you unlock/lock the car normally the sensor is active.

I haven't tried it yet though.

I think in the owners manual it says something about locking the car twice with the keyfob to deactivate the interior sensor, which is only applicable to that time you lock the car - the next time you unlock/lock the car normally the sensor is active.

I haven't tried it yet though.

Humm...I'll give it a try then. I usually lock the car twice for to be sure it's locked lol  (it's stupid I know, it's my obsessive-compulsive condition in action;) but this time I remember locking it just once actually!! Thank you!

Edited by niant

I thought you had to pull the key out of the ignition, then with the driver's door open press the interior monitor de-activation switch on the B-pillar, which should glow from red to orange, then shut the driver's door and lock the car.

....I think.... :giggle:

• Like 1

I thought you had to pull the key out of the ignition, then with the driver's door open press the interior monitor de-activation switch on the B-pillar, which should glow from red to orange, then shut the driver's door and lock the car.

Yeah, that's right - I just double checked. The double lock actually disables the "safe securing system" which prevents the doors from being unlocked from the inside where the car's been locked from the outside.

Edit: There is a note on the 'double lock' page in the online manual that says "The anti-theft alarm system is activated when the vehicle is locked even if the safe securing system is deactivated. The interior monitor is however not activated." - so now I'm totally lost.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's right - I just double checked. The double lock actually disables the "safe securing system" which prevents the doors from being unlocked from the inside where the car's been locked from the outside.

Nice! I'll test it today on mine. Actually it's a nice security feature. But with my double locking obsessive-compulsive scheme I'm leaving my car less secure then. I'll check it out. Thank you guys!

I think you'll probably find you need to use that button to disable the interior alarm.

You need to double lock the car via the key with you inside, sit still for ten seconds and then start waving your arms about to see if the alarm goes off. :)

• Like 1

Yes, the double locking thing is counter intuitive in my opinion.

Every other car I've had has deadlocked when pressing the key twice.

VAG cars seem to deadlock right away and then remove that protection if you press the button again.

• Like 1

I think you'll probably find you need to use that button to disable the interior alarm.

You need to double lock the car via the key with you inside, sit still for ten seconds and then start waving your arms about to see if the alarm goes off. :)

lol yeah, I'll do that lol :)

• Like 1

Yes, the double locking thing is counter intuitive in my opinion.

Every other car I've had has deadlocked when pressing the key twice.

VAG cars seem to deadlock right away and then remove that protection if you press the button again.

Yeah, you're right. But you know, it's my first car with remote key:) I'm still getting used to it. My other car is dated from 1991, although it's a VAG car :)

Thank you all for your comments!

Thinking about it - I think double locking may actually disable the interior sensor as well, since the apparent reason for disabling the deadlock is if someone else is in the car (why lock it at all?).

Get a mate to sit in the car, lock it from the outside 'normally', wave arms around - see if alarm goes off, repeat experiment with double locking :)