Rapid from Portugal

• 2 weeks later...

Yes you are probably right, shame though as I could have used it when I had to the wheel off to fix a puncture. As it was I had to lever the bolt covers off with the small hook thing you get with VW's. Which works fine with them as they have a hole in the middle to catch but the Skoda doesn't so I had to prise them of from the edges and was worried about scratching the alloy.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so today when I reached my car in the morning and I had a broken side mirror, hanging from the electrical cables! It's was pure vandalism! I've already went to my seller and they will order a new mirror (just one part of it). Since the car is new, they don't have car parts in stock, so it will take some 10-15 days to arrive. Now I'm driving with duct take. 

Edited by niant

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi guys!

Long time that I don't post anything here.

2 updates:

1) During this weekend we found that one of the rear door was flooded. The water didn't go inside the car, fortunately. It was wax in the draining holes that was keeping the water from getting out. So, problem solved

2) Since the very beginning we bought the car I heard a subtle noise coming from the front left side of the car (in front of the driver seat, coming from the engine hood). Well, I was a bit lazy to get the car to the garage, but because of the water issue above, I went and told them about the noise. It was a defective engine support. The problem was marked and we are now waiting for a new support. Everything under warranty, of course. So, problem almost solved, waiting to be solved.

Cheers from Portugal

• 2 months later...

Hello all.

Just a quick (don't mind the dirt ;) ) update:

1) Rubber mat

2) Door sills

https://www.dropbox.com/s/958y2iv5sb4la6d/20140504_175227.jpg

(sorry about the link, just noticed that imageshack got total premium now)

Cya

Boa Noite,

Where did you bought your sills?? (É melhor falar e inglês mesmo daqui do Porto)

Thanks

• Like 1

Boa Noite,

Where did you bought your sills?? (É melhor falar e inglês mesmo daqui do Porto)

Thanks

Olá, boa noite,

I bought them at http://www.superskoda.com/ but you can also get them from the portuguese VWgroup importer, SIVA, http://eshop.sivaonline.pt/ (I hope there's no problem in posting here these external links, if so, I will remove them, thanks). They were very fast to process and send the package, within 2 weeks I got the sills!

(sim, assim todos compreendem :) )