Replacement wing mirror cover

safcsteve

Hi, whilst being tailgated on the way home tonight my wife (only passed her test in February and not the most confident driver) clipped the passenger side wing mirror in her new CitiGo against a wall running adjacent to the road. The damage is not too bad with scratches only on the colour coded plastic cover. Unfortunatley the scratches are quite deep and I think a replacement cover is the only option rather than a repair.

Is it possible to get a replacement cover online and if so how easy is it to replace?

Thanks in advance,

Steve.

Looks like the plastic cover is just clipped on.

You'll have to remove the glass first. Apparently it is just clipped on. The manual lists a special tool, but I bet one can improvise:

up-624.png

Here's the instructions on how to remove the glass:

• Protect edge of housing -2- against paint damage with e.g. fabric-reinforced adhesive tape.
  • Press bottom of mirror glass -1- into mirror housing.
  • Press mirror glass -1- off adjuster unit -2--arrow a- using wedge -T10383-.
  • Swivel mirror glass -1- to side -arrow b- and detach existing connector contacts -3- for electric mirror heating on back of mirror glass -1

up-625.png

Once the glass is removed, the trim can be removed as follows:

• Release locking hooks -arrows a- and -arrows b-.
  • Slightly tilt trim upwards -arrows f- so that locking hooks remain released.
  • Release locking hooks -arrows c, d- and -arrows e-.
  • Tilt trim -1- further upwards -arrows f-.
  • The trim is then released from catches -4-

up-627.png

Edited by loadinglevelone

From my list I can see there are several different types which is ,mainly colour as follows

Heated/electric are 5Z1857537 for left. 5Z1857538B for right.

Manual covers 5Z1857537A for left. 5Z1857538C for right

adding the following gives colour options

9B9 = satin black

GRU = primed

2ZZ = high chrome

Y20 pearl grey

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

I was wondering if someone can help me. Some Muppet hit my wing mirror while I was parked. Good news is the wing mirror it self is not damaged in any way it just has this mark on it. I've tried to rub it off with some water etc it doesn't. It doesn't feel like a scratch either so I don't think it's gone into the paint from what I can see. I have spoke to Skoda they said to spray it will be 60 quid. But maybe it would be cheaper to just replace the cover from Skoda am sure that's alot less or if there a way to rub it out.

20170710_172023.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

If they are the same or similar to Fabia's, you remove the front plastic bezel, (The grey/black bit) Carefully, using plastic tools, Then the top half should pop off, again, with plastic tools. I think they cost around £20 and will cost around the same, to £40 to paint.

RubyLink's one looks like it'll polish out with sap/tar rover and a good waxing!

Edited by mrgf

• 2 years later...

Bumping an old post but I need some picture on how to remove the wing mirror cover and instructions. 

Have a rough idea but pic could help. 

I don't have the specific plastic trim tools to use so will be improvising lol

• 4 weeks later...

So with no replies to my post above, I managed to find this on the Up forum which had a picture guide on how to replace the wing mirror cover. 

https://www.upownersclub.co.uk/threads/wing-mirror-removal.7259/

Pretty much on point and I even purchased the plastic trim removal kit but was less than £2 from ebay so no biggie. 

All sorted in 15 mins and pretty chuffed.