Dirty little tyke

My fabia picks up a huge amount of unwanted visitors in the form of dead bugs on the winshield. Does anyone else get this more than expected? :(

Also the indicator is erratic at times - if changing lanes on a motorway, for example, after a push up or down (without fully turning indicator on) it doesnt stop when left alone. and if you try to stop it by pushing it the other way it flashes in that direction instead. So the car behind no doubt becomes very :confused: Anyone else get this?

Guest Fabia 12v

Also the indicator is erratic at times - if changing lanes on a motorway' date=' for example, after a push up or down (without fully turning indicator on) it doesnt stop when left alone. and if you try to stop it by pushing it the other way it flashes in that direction instead. So the car behind no doubt becomes very :confused: Anyone else get this?[/quote']

I think (like the new octavia) newer fabias have the "3 flash" feature on them, i believe, so when you use them (not fully) they give 3 flashes automatically.

if you just tap it up it will flash right for 3 times then turn off. The same if you tap it down albeit it left. If you try and turn it off yourself then it will keep flashing which ever way you have tapped it.

Did that make sense?

As for the bug thing, yeah mine is always covered in the lil bu**ers

Yeah the 3 flash thing appears on the new Skodas and should hopefully be fully explained in your manual :D

As for bugs, it just seems to be the time of year, especially if you travel around early morning and dusk. I've lost count of the number of wasps that have dies on my windscreen in the passed couple of days. Still, should ease up a bit with the torrential rain we're apparently due today!

Chris

Not had any trouble with the indicators (and I've got the 3-flash thing).

It's pretty clear if you're using the 3-flash or 'stay-on' indicating.

Just leave it alone once activated. It really doesnt hurt to indicate 3 whole times.... After all, you're not a Beemer driver so you're allowed to do it, it's safer, and you should indicate whilst changing lanes anyway, which I doubt you'll be able to do much quicker than in 3 flashes with one being 'before you actually shift' , one during, and the 3rd probably once you're in the lane.

That makes alot of sense. thanks for the replies. If anyone needs me I'll be reading my manual... Dumbass...!

Its a good idea though, this 3 flash indicator, even more lazy driving!

Am I the only one who finds the three-flash feature slighty useless on a busy motorway? 5 would be a much more sensible amount to try and filter through lanes...

Not had any trouble with 3 flashes myself :D

It was much nicer on the continent where people have had lane discipline rammed into them by their instructors :)

Dunno if you could vagcom it to be 5 flashes rather than 3.

I'm getting thru loads of screenwash at the moment due to the amount of "roadkill" on my windscreen. Only got the car a couple of weeks ago so perhaps it's just the time or year. Or maybe the bugs are attracted to the fact it's a great car!

Surely if you want to flash 5 times instead of three, you would fully engage the indicator like they used to in old fashioned cars. Just a thought. Bit grumpy today cos its too hot. Maybe i'll stop posting for now.:mad:

Love to die for the cause :rofl: - the main reason I end up having to clean the car is windscreen & bugs on the front, generally.

Blasted things dislike coming off the car too, even when totally dead already :(

Surely if you want to flash 5 times instead of three, you would fully engage the indicator like they used to in old fashioned cars. Just a thought. Bit grumpy today cos its too hot. Maybe i'll stop posting for now.:mad:

No no, I to agree!

3 flash is ideal for rounderbouts etc...

But if you think its useless on the motorway, then use them the traditional way :confused: :rofl:

Thing is - more than 3 means that if you merely wanna move out into another lane swiftly you'd have to cancel it - which you cant do as it will 'go the other way'

So it kinda works as a compromise.

Also, you can do 'auto-3' followed by another 'auto-3' if appropriate :)