Hey Guys, My parents have just purchased my first car! a Fabia Monte Carlo! Cant wait to get it in a few weeks time! 

But, My dad owns a Octavia VRS! so i thought i would just put a few photos up and see who replies and to have a look at other peoples VRS's. 

He has the 2011 Model, 200Bhp, Petrol, DSG, Fully Kitted the lot! i love it, such a great car!

post-104816-0-91271300-1372958886_thumb.jpg

post-104816-0-40330500-1372958909_thumb.jpg

post-104816-0-14905400-1372958932_thumb.jpg

post-104816-0-75302600-1372958952_thumb.jpg

post-104816-0-53069800-1372958991_thumb.jpg

post-104816-0-18223500-1372959011_thumb.jpg

Nice VRS, no front pdc or sunroof. Still haven't seen a fully kitted one yet.

Enjoy the Monte, beats my first car... Metro 1.0l with a floor pan you could see through.

• Like 1

Man oh man.....back in my day (not actually that long ago seeing as i passed my test in 1998) I was considered v lucky by my friends as my parents bought me a car or two very early on during my student days where I had little money......that said they were a 10 year old Lancia Y10 rust bucket that my brother hammered, crashed and let rust for a good few years previous...then an 8 year old Fiat Uno 1.0 Spark special edition that was royal blue with a lime green interior....its only redeeming feature was a factory tilt slide sunroof. Did about 50k miles in that thing! I did last off manage to rangle a 98 VX Corsa 1.2 Breeze...it had a sunroof, rev counter and 45 whole HP to play with. The italian pair were fairly shart and embarrasing but i was v appreciative of all the cars particularly the Corsa.......bit different rolling around in brand new Fabia Monte Carlo courtesy of your folks though! Fair shout to you...not to sound condescending but look after it wont you!

Seems as though your old man likes his Skodas, I have a 5 month old Octavia vRS Blackline DSG combi (white with black wheels) so good on his car choice; a v good car indeed.

Edited by pipsyp
  • Like 1

Jay enjoy your Monte if you're a young driver hopefully you will be able to acquire your dad's VRS when your insurance comes down.

i will thanks mate! and yeah would be great to own his car, but tbh in the next few years i hope to change and go upto a Fabia VRS

Enjoy the Monte, beats my first car... Metro 1.0l with a floor pan you could see through.

Sounds stupid of me but what is a PDC? is it the parking sensors? and to be fair i dont really think the sun roof would look decent on the VRS? 

and i will thanks mate! :') 

Enjoy your Monte they are brilliant cars :) what engine and spec did you go for?

I will thank you! and i went for the 1.2 (86) with satnav, and bluetooth, arm rest, cruise control, spare wheel, mats, and when it comes in decals are going to be fitted along with the BRISKODA stickers and number plate surround :') 

Man oh man.....back in my day (not actually that long ago seeing as i passed my test in 1998) I was considered v lucky by my friends as my parents bought me a car or two very early on during my student days where I had little money......that said they were a 10 year old Lancia Y10 rust bucket that my brother hammered, crashed and let rust for a good few years previous...then an 8 year old Fiat Uno 1.0 Spark special edition that was royal blue with a lime green interior....its only redeeming feature was a factory tilt slide sunroof. Did about 50k miles in that thing! I did last off manage to rangle a 98 VX Corsa 1.2 Breeze...it had a sunroof, rev counter and 45 whole HP to play with. The italian pair were fairly shart and embarrasing but i was v appreciative of all the cars particularly the Corsa.......bit different rolling around in brand new Fabia Monte Carlo courtesy of your folks though! Fair shout to you...not to sound condescending but look after it wont you!

Seems as though your old man likes his Skodas, I have a 5 month old Octavia vRS Blackline DSG combi (white with black wheels) so good on his car choice; a v good car indeed.

you had your fair share of cars then mate haha! and i just cant wait to get it! i will be cleaning it like every week haha

and oo very nice car, love the colour choices too.. 

you had your fair share of cars then mate haha! and i just cant wait to get it! i will be cleaning it like every week haha

and oo very nice car, love the colour choices too..

Cheers, guess ive had a few over the years, not as many as some but probably between me and the missus 16 or 17 in the last 6 years kind of lost count haha.

Might hold onto the Octy for a while though probably the best all round car ive had to date for what it cost; we had a Fabia vRS estate for 18 months prior and have to say as fast as it was IMO didnt think it drove well enough for the power it was chucking out; traded it for the Octy.

Im still convinced the 1.2 TSi Monte is the sweet spot of the range, same suspension and front brakes as a vRS but just enough power to enjoy it. I had a 1.2 TSi 105 SE Plus as a courtesy car not so long back and thought it was ace.

Cheers, guess ive had a few over the years, not as many as some but probably between me and the missus 16 or 17 in the last 6 years kind of lost count haha.

Might hold onto the Octy for a while though probably the best all round car ive had to date for what it cost; we had a Fabia vRS estate for 18 months prior and have to say as fast as it was IMO didnt think it drove well enough for the power it was chucking out; traded it for the Octy.

Im still convinced the 1.2 TSi Monte is the sweet spot of the range, same suspension and front brakes as a vRS but just enough power to enjoy it. I had a 1.2 TSi 105 SE Plus as a courtesy car not so long back and thought it was ace.

Yeah i thought the 1.2TSi was the one to get tbh, mainly because of insurance reasons, which is a joke anyway.. and yeah octavia is such a great car, skoda have come up a long way in the last few years! cant fault them at all! 

Oh and nice spec too. Dont think the 86 is wildly slower than the 105 and nav and bluetooth on these things are really good

Thanks, and neither did i.. its mainly the same till about 70mph where the 105 has a bit more pull, but the 86 will still do the same just needs a harder push

The 105 has longer legs :) I like the 85 because it feels much quicker than it suggests... it's effortless to drive and me and a friend of mine took one to its limits thinking this is pretty good!... we checked the boot and it was infact the 85bhp. So we were even more impressed!

Your dads RS looks great! Race blue is one of the best colours for the car - I just love yellow too much :p

They are rare to have a full house of options, I've got xenons, bt, dsg, paddles, and rear parking sensors. The only thing I really miss are heated seats (of course not in this weather!) The Dual Zone is another gadget I like on the car :)

I like the latest FL ones with the red stitching and full black interiors, cant justify a change just for stitching though! 

Edited by Leon-y-k

One of the AuSkoda guys has an *almost* fully kitted vRS wagon!
TSI, DSG, front PDC (rear std), sat nav (std), sun roof, MDI, red stitch/black alcantara...

Another guy has a race blue vRS wagon!

TDI, DSG, front PDC, sat nav, sun roof, HID, MDI, leather...

We have spare wheel and rear wiper standard.

Although we have no options on the Monte! We only just got automatic Fabia's with the 1.2TSI and the DSG7!

1.2TSI is the only option... Swing radio... Fabric seats... Really nothing like what you've mentioned on yours, so enjoy it! Fantastic first car! (Mine was a mud-covered '07 Rio 1.4! ;))

God, my first car was a Nissan Almera with nackered wheels, a weird misfire and not forgetting the wonderful mold around the windows.. ......kids these days getting nice fancy cars.......:P.....

Fair play, nice choice of car and your dad wheels look cool....nice colour....sadly like white and love my estate.....