VRS Estate

Hi guys,

After a little advice....Currently have a 2012 Fab VRS hatch , and considering px onto a VRS Estate, mainly to get my dog crate in.

Is the boot space in the Estate much bigger than the hatch? Have a labrador which fits in the hatch just , but cannot use her cage which means she moves around and wondered if the Estate is the answer.

Thanks

Dave

Hi,

I currently have a Octavia Estate for my 2 collies and my lil one. we are down sizing to a monte carlo estate in september.

when we compared the size diffrence from octavia to fabia there is a diffrence of about 6 inches in depth, 5 inches in width and 4 inches in height. but is still plenty big enough for 2 collies and our buggy.

hope this helps

Mike

Fabia estate boot is very deep and long for a small car; biggest limiting factor is its width as its a skinny car. Very practical though and not entirely certaib myself why more people dont go for the estate....in certain respects it looks better IMO.

• Like 1

With the Fab Estate all the extra length is in the luggage bit,the passenger space is identical in the both the hatch and Estate.

So,yes, there is significantly more luggage room in the Estate,but surely easy enough to pop down to the dealers and size it up in the real world,it doesn't need to be a vRS one for that.

Thanks guys for all your info.

Looks like estate may be the answer, love the rest of the vrs, but might add climate and rear elec windows on this one, dont have them on current car as it was a demo.

Off to local dealer tomorro to measure the boot

Thanks dave

I added climate and phone prep, I highly reccomend phone prep, you can just press steering wheel buttons, and talk to the car, also stream music from your device , also if you use your device (smart phone) for things like sat nav, it will come through the speakers :)

You can do various things with the seats.  Lift one squab and fold the back, either the double or single one. Take the squab or squabs out of the car and fold the backs flat.  You may need to remove a headrest or two to achieve full 'flatness'.

I have transported two flat pack wardrobes and a bedside table (assembled), 6ft fishing bags and chair and other bag. Also four radio controlled planes, two fully assembled with 1.5M wingspan.

Not as easy as Honda Magic Seats but not bad. Don't expect your mountain bike to fit with front wheel in place.

Great car and great fun with extra practicality.

Tony :rofl: