Well that will be a hit

One of the other taxi drivers in the area had a very bad few weeks when her 10 plate Octavia 1.6TDI really mucked up, Octavia and superbs are widely used in the trade up here and very rarely go wrong, but recently her octavia's DPF light came on, so she took it on the motorway and drove on the appropriate manor, the light went out but the next morning it came back on along with the EML and then the turbo went, so it went into the garage, took two weeks to repair and the DPF turbo and 2 egr valves costing her ££££'s, she nearly went out the game if it wasn't for her son and daughter financially helping her out, very unusal and the 1st I have heard of such prob, she is getting rid of it next month for a new rapid

That is unlucky indeed. She most still have a fair amount of faith in skoda to be buying another one. normally people run a mile from car makes if they have that kind of problem's.

Won't it be still covered under warranty? I know it is up to 3 years or 60,000 miles so she may be able to scrape under that.

Ian

its a march 2010 so over 3 years old
  • Like 1

Isn't the manufacturers warranty void or shorter if the vehicle is used as a taxi? 

Although the 1.6 TDI seems to be a reasonable engine, so far it does not seem to be quite living up to it's predecessor's (1.9 PD) reputation for reliability.  

• Like 1

Isn't the manufacturers warranty void or shorter if the vehicle is used as a taxi? 

Although the 1.6 TDI seems to be a reasonable engine, so far it does not seem to be quite living up to it's predecessor's (1.9 PD) reputation for reliability.

oh yeah, 1.9 was bulletproof, 500,000 miles + was light work for it, I had three, one 1.9 SDI and 2 1.9 TDI's. and all went faultless with regular servicing, best Diesel engine made hands down, we'll done VW

That is unlucky indeed. She most still have a fair amount of faith in skoda to be buying another one. normally people run a mile from car makes if they have that kind of problem's.

well she and alot of other drivers think it is just a bit of bad luck, she said she always sits at really low revs 24/7  max 2000 RPM and this might have causes the probs,and she didn't take it straight to the dealer when the 2 lights came on, i told her if it happend to me i would have had the car recovered than risking causing any more damage, but we up here love our skoda taxis, the rapid is really coming on, and one of the other firms just got a few new superbs too, there are a few berlingos and avensis's and passats but in this area skoda's are the backbone of the trade