Adjusting KW Variant 3 Coilovers

Hi,

I've recently put kw variant 3 coilovers on my Fabia vRS I want to put make them more comfortable. I know the front is just and Allen key underneath but I have no idea about the rear!

Just seeing if anyone has these and can help me out or have any tips to share.

Cheers

Sorry for the big cut-n-paste job

How do I adjust my KW suspension?
Adjusting the KW Variant 3, Bump/compression:
The compression forces can be adjusted on our patented 2-way bottom valve. Access to the bump valve in most instances is found on the bottom of each shock case. Hardness adjustment on the rebound valve is made on the end of the piston rod with the supplied setting wheel or with a 2mm Allen key.

Adjusting Bump:
Bump forces, especially on low damper speeds, have a great influence on handling and driving behavior of your car. The setting of the bump forces will be made from the bottom of the shock case. Behind the adjusting groove you gain access to a knob with 4 holes. With the supplied small pin, the adjusting knob can be turned a quarter per turn in either direction. Smaller increments are possible. Before performing any adjustments, the valve must be closed by turning the adjuster in the full clockwise direction. In this position, the shock will be at full hard, or “maximum power”. From here, the adjustment range is 8 x turns (2 full revolutions). To avoid the mismatch of the dampers when actively changing settings, you should close the valve from time to time to re-calibrate the settings from side to side.

Bump adjusting principles:
Generally, hard low speed bump settings will stabilize the corresponding axle (less oversteer on the rear, for example) or offer the front a more precise steering response. Too much low speed bump power will decrease grip! Depending on the valve configuration found inside the kit, maximum bump forces will not influence the suspensions response when encountering hard bumps, such as curbs on the racetrack.

Adjusting Rebound:
The rebound adjustment is made in most cases on the end of the piston rod, with the supplied adjustment wheel. In some mounting situations it must be done with a 2 mm Allen key from the top (Audi A4 front) or in a groove on the upper mount. Before performing any adjustments, the valve must be closed by turning the adjuster in the full clockwise direction. In this position, the shock will be at full hard. From here, you can set the valve within our average 3 to 5 revolution adjustment range.

Rebound adjusting principles:
Generally, low rebound settings provide a comfortable ride at low speeds, but decreases stability at higher speeds, especially on the front axles. Too much rebound will cost vehicle grip. Depending on the drive train configuration of the car, rebound setting for the rear axle will vary.

Rear and four wheel drive cars:
In most cases, the rear shocks will be set with low rebound power. Except, when equipped with very hard springs, higher rebound forces will be required.

Front wheel drive cars:
Street driven applications will seldom require the shocks to be set with high Rebound forces. In the event somebody wishes his car to over steer, these high rebound forces on the rear will be explored.

Attention! Do not turn the adjusting spindle by force when you reach the end of the adjustment range, this may damage the fine valve inside the system!

src: KW FAQ

On the Octavia, to get to the top, you have to take the the whole coilover unit out