skoda clutches

kaa

having borrowed a manual citigo and rapid I have to say I'm glad I bought the vRS, the clutches are too light and seem to have no real feel to them. Ever time I reverse the car up the drive theres a horrible smell from the clutch never had that problem in any other car before.

I really want my car back now

It's just a case of getting used to them. People want a light clutch where finding the bite point is easy. If you are getting a smell from the clutch (probably a burning smell) you may not quite have the technique right yet for that car.

I find the lighter the clutch the harder to find biting point, especially when I reversing up the drive between narrow gates and make a sharp turn to get on the drive.

Not been able to smell the clutch going forwards just when reversing, but I definately dont like light clutches

My 1.2 HTP had a very light clutch but have to say it was a strong point for me. I loved it. I suppose it'e everyone to his/her own. However you should not smell burning, that would mean the clutch is slipping to the point of over heating and either your technique is wrong or the clutch is faulty.

Edited by horkin

I have a 1.2htp and I find the clutch relatively heavy compared to a Ford Ka, Toyota Yaris and Fiat Grande Punto. I find there is too much movement and it now feels a bit loose as if the sole on my left shoe is sloppy and loose.

I have a 1.2htp and I find the clutch relatively heavy compared to a Ford Ka, Toyota Yaris and Fiat Grande Punto. I find there is too much movement and it now feels a bit loose as if the sole on my left shoe is sloppy and loose.

Seems it looks obvious where this thread is going :giggle:  I reckon it's all down to the individual cars, amount of wear, way it's been driven etc., My clutch had done 22k when I traded the car in and I can honestly say it was a dream to drive. Just whether there would have been any noticeable deteriation had I done another 22k I don't know.