Remove Outer CV joint from hub carrier - HELP PLEASE

I am trying to remove the outer Cv from my hub carrier to change the complete driveshaft, however, i have come a cropper as the outer CV will not budge. I have tried soaking in plusgas, heat, tapping, then resorting to 'controlled whacking' all to no avail. I have removed the hub carrier from the car and the drive shaft from the CV so I could have a go on the bench. I had the same problem when doing the other side and tried using a hydraulic press but that ended up snapping the hub so I ended up having to buy a new hub and dont want to repeat that if I can help

Can anyone give me any help or are there any 'special tools' on the market for this?

Thanks

graham

I had real trouble splitting my curpra R shafts from the hubs when i did conversion.

I had hub in a stand thing as close to shaft as i could so i didnt bend it and left it soaking in release stuff with 20 ton on it for 2hours and it didnt move.

I ended up with bottles on it and warmed it up to release it and boy did it go with a bang when it went altho wheel bearing suvived altho i dont know how.

• Like 1

Yes the hub nut is off, I am actually considering just cleaning it out and rebooting it, it's only my fishing car anyway so doesn't get much use