2012 VRS first oil level warning light

Hi Guys,

Today I got my first check oil level warning. I checked it with the car hot just after driving home (slowly) and the oil level just about covers the orange ball on the end of the dip stick. The car is a 2012 VRS and has done 9000km. Is this normal? I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning to take it to the garage to get the right oil. Luckily its only a few mins away.

I had previously been checking the oil every time I washed the car but haven't in a month or two. What the right procedure for checking it. Should the car be running and up to temperature or cold? I can't believe how quickly it's gone through the oil!

Cheers

James

Thanks, I'll take it down and have it topped up in the morning first thing. What is the recommended oil for this motor? Just so I can check what they put in it and so I can by some for later.

Cheers

James

Hi Guys, Today I got my first check oil level warning. I checked it with the car hot just after driving home (slowly) and the oil level just about covers the orange ball on the end of the dip stick. The car is a 2012 VRS and has done 9000km. Is this normal? I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning to take it to the garage to get the right oil. Luckily its only a few mins away. I had previously been checking the oil every time I washed the car but haven't in a month or two. What the right procedure for checking it. Should the car be running and up to temperature or cold? I can't believe how quickly it's gone through the oil! Cheers James

Specifications and engine oil capacity
The engine has been factory-filled with a high-grade oil that can be use throughout the year - except in extreme climate zones.
Various oils can be mixed together when refilling. However, this does not apply to
vehicles with flexible service intervals.
Engine oils are, of course, undergoing continuous further development. Thus the
information stated in this Owner's Manual is only correct at the time of publication.
ŠKODA Service Partners are informed about the latest changes by ŠKODA. We
therefore recommend that the oil change is completed by a ŠKODA Service Partner.
The specifications (VW standards) stated in the following can be indicated separately or together with other specifications on the bottle.
The oil capacities include oil filter change. Check the oil level when filling; do not
over fill. The oil level must be between the markings » page 145.
Specifications and capacity (in l) for vehicles with flexible service intervals
Petrol engines Specification Filling level
1.2 l/44 kW VW 503 00, VW 504 00 2.8
1.2 l/51 kW VW 503 00, VW 504 00 2.8
1.4 ltr./63 kW VW 503 00, VW 504 00 3.2
1.4 ltr./132 kW TSI VW 504 00 3.6
1.2 ltr./63 kW TSI VW 504 00 3.9
1.2 ltr./77 kW TSI VW 504 00 3.9
Diesel engines Specification Filling level
1.2 ltr./55 kW TDI CR DPF VW 507 00 4.3
1.6 ltr./55 kW TDI CR DPF VW 507 00 4.3
1.6 ltr./66 kW TDI CR DPF VW 507 00 4.3
1.6 ltr./77 kW TDI CR DPF VW 507 00 4.3
Specifications and capacity (in l) for vehicles with fixed service intervals
1.2 l/44 kW VW 501 01, VW 502 00 2.8
1.2 l/51 kW VW 501 01, VW 502 00 2.8
1.4 ltr./63 kW VW 501 01, VW 502 00 3.2
1.6 ltr./77 kW VW 501 01, VW 502 00 3.6
1.4 ltr./132 kW TSI VW 502 00 3.6
1.2 ltr./63 kW TSI VW 502 00 3.9
1.2 ltr./77 kW TSI VW 502 00 3.9
If the oils specified above are not available, oils according to ACEA A2 or ACEA A3
can be used once for refilling.
Diesel engines Specification Filling level
1.2 ltr./55 kW TDI CR DPF VW 507 00 4.3
1.6 ltr./55 kW TDI CR DPF VW 507 00 4.3
1.6 ltr./66 kW TDI CR DPF VW 507 00 4.3
1.6 ltr./77 kW TDI CR DPF VW 507 00 4.3
If the oils specified above are not available, oils according to ACEA B3 or ACEA B4
can be used once for refilling.
CAUTION
Only the above-mentioned oils can be used on vehicles with flexible service intervals. We recommend always refilling with oil of the same specification since this
will maintain the properties of the oil. In exceptional cases, a maximum of 0.5 l of
specification VW 502 00 (only for petrol engines) or specification VW 505 01 (only
for diesel engines) engine oil can be used to refill once. Other engine oils must
not be used - risk of engine damage!
Note
? Before a long drive we recommend that you purchase and carry with you engine
oil which complies with the specification for your vehicle.
? We recommend that you use oils from ŠKODA Original Accessories.
? For further information - see Service schedule.