agree or disagree with revo

Right had a trip to see the local revo rep about a few problems ive had with my remap (not revo map) he told me a few things to check, i then told him that i was thinking of getting a better map put on (maybe revo, shark etc etc) then he asked how many miles my car has done and i told him 110000 miles to which he just laughed and said that he wouldnt be happy about mapping a car with those miles on, i thought 110000 was ok for a vag car, whats your thoughts on this

Maybe too much for a REVO map as, from experience, they arent great on the drivetrain, clutches in particular. Perhaps a call to a tuner that leaves all the ECU safety protocols in place (ie torque limits) would be better for a car of higher miles? Otherwise Id say theres no reason why it shouldnt be mapped if its healthy now. :)

Sounds like a silly sweeping comment from the Revo man. Simple response is just to not use them. Tell him that his software is based on stolen APR software and his 1.8T remap is old hat!

If your engine is fit and healthy, there's no reason why you shouldn't map it, regardless of mileage.

My car's on 145,000 miles and I've had a Shark map on it for over 3 years now. The engine hasn't exploded! It's only a Stage 1 anyway, so it's not exactly pushing the boundaries.

Interesting reading this as I called R-Tech the other day and spoke to a young lad as the 2 main guys were away. I asked about getting my car mapped, he asked my mileage which is 128k back with full Skoda history. He asked if the car was on the original turbo as if it is then I could face troubles as in a blown turbo......Kind of put me off getting her mapped now :(

Im just gonna speak to shark and get them to do it, not too fussed if i lose the turbo or anything as im getting a second car so i can take mine off the road and get some work done, the revo man just seemed really arsey and i cant be bothered with that if im getting it mapped i want to know that the guys mapping it are good to talk to and good for advice

Im just gonna speak to shark and get them to do it, not too fussed if i lose the turbo or anything as im getting a second car so i can take mine off the road and get some work done, the revo man just seemed really arsey and i cant be bothered with that if im getting it mapped i want to know that the guys mapping it are good to talk to and good for advice

Now thats a good plan! They've done all sorts for me (previously a big REVO customer also tbh) and I cant knock them in anyway. Fantastic service, great people to work with and absolutely top quality software done in the right way. :)

Mine is a 4x4 with a stage 1 map from DNA. It was mapped at 80k ish and is now on 155k ish, I do now occasionally get a bit of compressor stall noise but just backing off and then back on it sorts it out, this is the original turbo too. Turbos die, whether they are mapped or not. But the 1.8T is not what it should be UNTIL it gets mapped :D. Just do it.