activate DAB on amundsen?

Don't think so Amundsen + in the blackline has it but i think it had to come with a module and you need a special dab aerial unless the MK3 is different.

Blackline's do come with the Amandsen+ and the DAB is in the head unit itself. There is a built in DAB aerial on the roof also. If you should have had DAB it will be there as an alternative bandwidth on the radio. I would check with your dealer. 

If you're not sure if the unit has DAB (and it's just inactive) I think the easiest way to check is to pop the head unit out. (Takes 2 mins to do) When you look at the back, there should be a black FAKRA connector towards the top of the unit. No connector = no DAB.

If the back connector is there but DAB isn't working, there is an option to enable/disable in VCDS. (You might find that the unit has the hidden bluetooth too)

• 1 year later...

Can anybody advise if you need to install the microphone first in the blackiline before the code will take.  Went through the process last night but when we unchecked the box for bluetooth it did not activate, even though VCDS said the code was accepted, it kept reverting back to the original code

Can anybody advise if you need to install the microphone first in the blackiline before the code will take.  Went through the process last night but when we unchecked the box for bluetooth it did not activate, even though VCDS said the code was accepted, it kept reverting back to the original code

I did mine before fitting the microphone and it worked ok. You can do this just to stream music from your phone etc in which case there is no need for the Mic.Did you use the Full Fat Genuine VCDS cable or a cheap copy. Only time I heard of this not working is with a copy cable. If its the genuine one and the version is upto date and you have the Bluetooth module fitted (Amundsen+) then you should be fine.

I wrote the "how to" I never saw an issue just untick and away you go. All I can think of is that later Blacklines have headunits with no BT? Just a thought. Only way to tell is that a MAC address is stuck on the side of the headunit and it's not 000.000.000.000