Facia

What matt said.

In theory your new stereo should come will all the recent connectors and when fitted it'll have about a 15mm above the stereo which needs to be filled.

The OEM part from Skoda is about £4 and'll fit much better than any halfords item

A pioneer DEH-4500BT

I've just fitted the previous model (DEH-4400BT nearly the same) to my Fabia

According to Halfords Website you will need the Fascia Adaptor FP-20-00 Skoda Fabia as well as Harness Adaptor PC2-69-4 and Antenna Adaptors PC5-52 Signal Separation Filter ISO - ISO

Hope that helps.

Don't buy all this, you only need an aerial amp and OEM trim part to fit. As stated above, it comes with a wiring harness that has bullet clips allowing the switched and constant feeds to be easily changed without other wiring adapters. The headunit it is quite simple to fit. 

An Amplified Aerial Adapter like this on, is required: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400416317299?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 you can connect it to the blue & white wire on the radio side of the harness. If you don't use get one, the reception will be poor on AM and on FM in rural areas.

Also as said above, regarding the trim you need OEM part number 6Y0857231B41 from a dealer / TPS. I paid £6. Alternatively copy the part number into eBay & OEM trims can be bought for £7.50. Much better than any aftermarket trim pieces I have seen

The bluetooth microphone is best placed on the drivers A-pillar not the sun visor as the instructions suggest. Don't try and hide the microphone behind any trim (like in the interior light) as the mic needs to be pointed at your mouth. 

Enjoy your new headunit, mine's a great improvement over the symphony one!

Edited by VrsMad

Single din aftermarket stero fitted without a facia

B9FC37B5-BBB5-4AF4-B435-311D17958F08-788

The OEM facia then clips in the gap above the stereo and below the ASR/heated rear screen/ESP buttons

as seen here fitted above a double din

53947d83.jpg