Live connection within engine compartment?

I have fitted some LED DRLs and trying to find a live connection only when the engine is running, wanted to connect to the engine compartment fuse box but not having much success :wonder:

Don't want to go through bulkhead to the main fuse box, any ideas?

Why not use the existing DRL connection, down near the foglights?  Would this be a possibility for you?  It may need a relay so as not to trip the CANBUS system.

Michael

Why not use the existing DRL connection, down near the foglights?  Would this be a possibility for you?  It may need a relay so as not to trip the CANBUS system.

Michael

My Superb is 2009 pre DRLs, hence why I have fitted them, trying to avoid relays.

• 2 weeks later...

if you cant find a switched live in the fusebox its because there isnt one. crying about it on here wont make one magically appear. you will need to go through the bulkhead.

nobody is baffled btw, we just cant rewire your engine bay in the method that would make your life simpler....

I have fitted some LED DRLs and trying to find a live connection only when the engine is running, wanted to connect to the engine compartment fuse box but not having much success :wonder:

Don't want to go through bulkhead to the main fuse box, any ideas?

Would one of these help?

$(KGrHqN,!qcFGlEjIVVeBR)tj6rZ7g~~60_12.J

Get them here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-x-Add-a-Circuit-Fuse-Tap-Piggy-Back-Mini-Blade-Fuse-Holder-12-24-Volt-NEW-/200942367661?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Terminals_Cabling_ET&hash=item2ec91933ad

Bought a couple of these (from ebay) to fit into the fuse box in engine compartment fitted it ignition fuse but engine would not start!

Edited by BurialConstant

Bought a couple of these (from ebay) to fit into the fuse box in engine compartment fitted it ignition fuse but engine would not start!

Forgive me if it's a silly question, but did you have two fuses in? - one for the pass-through, one for your new supply?

If you did, then the fuse tap may have been faulty (something a multimeter would soon show)

Forgive me if it's a silly question, but did you have two fuses in? - one for the pass-through, one for your new supply?

If you did, then the fuse tap may have been faulty (something a multimeter would soon show)

Cheers ksr, did not even think of checking to see if faulty :think: