Telling insurance about tints,lowering springs,spacers. !

Hi folks was just looking for some feed back from people that have informed there insurance about modifications that you have made to your car. I have fitted tints from b pillar back (hatch),h+r 40mm lowering springs and spacers 15mm front- 20mm rear. Did your premium go up by much if any and if so what mods did you do to your car.   :sweat:  :sweat:  :sweat:  Ta lads.

I enquired when I renewed about suspension mods and Admiral told me if it was a 5cm drop or less it was only a £6 increase for me. I haven't modified but was just curious. No idea on spacers.

• Like 1

declared my mods, which was Whiteline Rear Anti-roll bar (no charge), ITG maxogen air filter (no charge), TMC Tuning Box (+£99.12 inc admin fees)  I'm with Admiral.

• Like 1

It much depends on the Insurance Company, are they a Insure Basic at good prices & accept no Mods or not type of Insurer/Underwriter.

, Performance may not be considered to be up rated, but that is not always their concern or reason to bump a premium,

But desirability for it being stolen is what they are interested in,

Black Roof, Tints, Nice Wheels, nice looking car.

Same car, more of a toe rag magnet though.

Point out that the Rear Privacy Tints can be an Option from Skoda, and the Wheels are standard Skoda.

george

• Like 2

Hi folks bit of an update on the insurance story.. So first thing today got on the phone to open and direct car insurance over here in n.ireland to inform them of my mods the girl on the phone took 

Toe Rag,

same as Scum bag car thief.  'The car becomes a magnet for Scum Bags looking for something to steal'.

Oh fair nuff for a minute there i thought i had upset somebody on the forum .LOL  :whew:

Edited by O.C.D.
  • Like 1

I'll try this story again.. Not sure what's wrong. So anyway a bit of an update on the insurance story.. So first thing today got on the phone to open and direct car insurance over here in n.ireland to inform them of my mods the girl on the phone took the mod details ..tints,springs,spacers but when she did'nt have a clue what spacers were i knew i was fecked. She took my phone number so she could find out about the changes, five mins later she rang me back to tell me that the company i was with does not accept mods so i just cancelled there and then and got a great quote from admiral on line mods and all.. :rofl: 

• Like 3